Architecture and Signage: Historic Buick Dealerships

Centurion

image.png.591668baaa5009f1d3ca51d84784c6dd.png

I remember that store in Flint.  It was a "factory" owned store, meaning Buick Motor Division/ GM was the dealer.  Buick also ran another store in downtown Flint called Downtown Buick.  They closed in the 70's.   The parts washer I have in my garage came from Eastside Buick.  They were the last of the factory owned stores.

The building is still there.  It is just south of where AC Spark Plug plants were on Dort Highway.

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, MetroPetro said:

IMG_4964.jpeg

I worked at Chevron corporate headquarters for 30 years. I would attend management committee meetings every quarter led by the CEO. At one such meeting in the oughts he commented that upon observing that many stations were charging for air he issued a worldwide mandate that thereafter air was to be free. 

• Like 2

I am still hoping someone will post a picture of Willcockson Motors in St Lous ( mid twenties to 1946), my grandfather’s Buick/Pontiac dealership.  On line, you can see when it was an electrical supply store prior to demolition, but there are no pictures of the twenty years it was an auto dealership.  It was a big building and unusual Spanish architecture.

• Like 1