Drag Racing

Bill Stoneberg

Just in case any of you have wondered what I have been doing with my time,

I have been building a drag car.

My 47 Buick 4 door flew down the strip. Best time was 23.94 at 58 mph through the traps. The over/under was 17 and I tried but came nowhere close. This still has the 248 cu/in engine and 3 on the tree. I think it was the spare tire in the trunk that slowed me down.

This picture was the one time I ran by myself. No one else knew I had lurking under the hood so they were all scared of being beat.:D

One other time I went against the orange camero in the background and was able to read his 10.8 ET before I hit the timer at the 1/8 mile marker.

I wanted to run against the stock 49 Roadmaster but he had to pick up his girlfriend instead of race. mad.gif

It was fun though and there were a lot of FAST Buicks who raced for real.

<span style="font-style: italic">I may not be the fastest on the track but I have the most style..</span>

line2.jpg

Guest Skyking

Bill, I viewed the photo again and noticed someone in shorts...Today's high here is 35 degrees, with a wind chill of 15......... frown.giffrown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It was fun though and there were a lot of FAST Buicks who raced for real.

I may not be the fastest on the track but I have the most style.. </div></div>

Good looking and with a sound like no others I'll wager, Bill. Thanks for the smile you brought to my face. I needed it today!