Hi Anyone know a source for 31X5.25 tires?

JO BO

It would posibly help if you state what diameter rims your car has.  31 x 5.25 does not show up in many tire x - over charts. Almost any tire listed by outer diameter  { 31 inch in this case } is going to have a width of either a whole inch or a 1/2 inch measure. 

A tire with a 1/4 inch measure is normally listed in relation to the rim it fits on.

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)

What Staver says! I know some 1928 Buicks used twenty inch rims. A 5.50 - 20 might work just fine. But you will need to accurately measure your car's rims to be sure. Measure the bottom diameter inside the rim where the tire's bead sits. Measure across in a few places to be certain the rim is not bent egg shaped.

Most American cars after the 1910s will have rim sizes in inches even. Manufacturer rated sizes of tires are not always accurate. But the actual "rim" size pretty much has to be accurate. It is the outer diameter of the tire on which manufacturers fudge the measurements.

Edited by wayne sheldon
I hate leaving typos! (see edit history)
  • Like 1

In reference documents, standard size for All the 1928 Buicks was 33 x 6.  That would make the rim size 21. 
You’ll need to make a determination if you have the original size rims on your car, although 31x5.25. (20.5”rim) might stretch over if the tires were older and very flexible when applied   

Thanks for the replies. Yes I found literature online that stated standard tires for the model ( 28-26S) I have  ( Country Club Coupe)  had 5.25x 31 tires.  will check areas you stated.  The car at some point did get fitted with Buffalo number 4 wheels but tires remained the same size by looking at old tires on car at present. Thanks