For Sale: 1929 (1931) PONTIAC 2 DR CABRIOLET CONVERTIBLE, RUMBLE SEAT - $19,000 - RAVENNA, OH - Not Mine

For Sale: 1929 1931 PONTIAC 2 DR CABRIOLET CONVERTIBLE, RUMBLE SEAT - $19,000 - RAVENNA, OH

1929 PONTIAC RST for sale by owner - Ravenna, OH - craigslist
Seller's Description:

GREAT LITTLE HEAD TURNER. FIRST YEAR OF THE PONTIAC. CAR IS FROM CALIFORNIA AND IS AN OLDER RESTORATION. I'VE NEVER HAD IT RUNNING BUT I THINK A CAN OF GAS, SOME SPARK PLUG WIRES, AND A BATTERY AND IT SHOULD PURR. ASKING $19,000. OBO. CAN DELIVER FOR EXPENSES. CALL OR TEXT, LEAVE MESSAGE IF NO ANSWER.
Copy and paste in your email: ef16756d586937e694daf08e60f2c6c9@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1929 PONTIAC 2 DR CABRIOLET CONVERTIBLE.

'29 PONTIAC OH a.jpg

'29 PONTIAC OH b.jpg

'29 PONTIAC OH c.jpg

'29 PONTIAC OH d.jpg

'29 PONTIAC OH e.jpg

'29 PONTIAC OH f.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
corrected model year to 1931 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

It’s a cool car and could have potential.

It’s a terrible ad and the seller would have been well served by taking an hour to empty it out and clean it. 

The only thing missing is the pic of it on a trailer. At a gas station at night of course. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

Very unusual car with rolldown/up windows and a folding windshield. I didn't know Pontiac made one like that. Also, I don't think it is a 1929 (not a first year Pontiac), I could be wrong but I suspect it may be a 1930 or '31.

I don't recall this car, ad says it is from California. There appears to be a club badge on the radiator shell for the "Mid Peninsula Old Time Automobile Club" in Redwood City South of San Francisco. The badge might be from a "Friendship Day" meet they held most years where they invited all local clubs to participate. They often would have several hundred cars show up for that meet.

That was great local antique automobile club fifty years ago! I have a lot of fond memories from their meetings and tours. For years, they had several great tours and meets every year. Then they decided to become more inclusive and went with newer collector cars. Within two years they all but left behind the pre1934 cars they had previously focused on. Most tours were on freeways in '50s cars. My model T speedster could keep up with them, but I didn't want to follow a bunch of '50s cars.

• Like 1

It's a terrible description and the photos are a disaster.  I think the seller meant to state that 1929 is the first year of the Pontiac Cabriolet.  The 1929 and 1930 Pontiacs used a double-bar front bumper.  It has a single-bar front bumper, which was used in 1931.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1929 (1931) PONTIAC 2 DR CABRIOLET CONVERTIBLE, RUMBLE SEAT - $19,000 - RAVENNA, OH - Not Mine