How to get rid of SPIDER WEB under car

MrY

I am fighting with a spider or some bug 🐜 that spins some web that all leaves and stuff get cough in. If I remove it with a broom 🧹 the next day it’s back and stuff get caught in it. It’s very embarrassing to drive around d with it. I trod to hose ot down with water jet many times but the next day it’s back again. 

ANY suggestions how to get rid of it ? 

IMG_6931.jpeg

IMG_6929.jpeg

IMG_6928.jpeg

Propane torch.

Also good for finding any leaks in the fuel system.

Reminds me of when we had our '19 Packard moved here from Texas.

When I started to clean it up, I discovered a black spider under the chassis.

About the size of a quarter. I flipped it over and discovered a red hourglass on the belly.

Black Widow?

Bill B

65 days until Hershey 2024 with MOXIE tasting

• Like 2

Spiders are some of the most determined critters around when it comes to setting up housekeeping. They'll rebuild time after time, and it doesn't take them long to do it. 

See if your local hardware has anything to kill spiders, then spray it liberally underneath the car. You may have to talk with a professional exterminator.

• Like 1

Lighter stick or long wood

fireplace match and a can 

of aerosol hair spray.

If you are brave (or stupid)

wait until dark and go hunting 

with a flashlight for the spider.

Works best with another 

person who has a smartphone

with a flashlight - it can

also be used to call 911.

Jim

• Haha 1

I use these in my shop two under each car and sporadically around the shop (mainly by the doors) seems to work as they are full of spiders and other creepy crawlers.  get them off amazon or ate your local farm store.  just don't let the neighbor's cat get one stuck to it as it is funny to watch them run through the yard like they are on fire, just not when the neighbor brings it back covered in cat fur.  (fur real)  :P  

image.png.b883882a49bcf340dc2e04b72b153113.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I used one of those folding traps for mice once. Looked in the pantry and there was a long tail sticking out but didn't look mousy.

I had trapped a blue-striped lizard and that little dude had got himself into a serious bind. His feet, his head and his underneath had all stuck to the trap and he couldn't move anywhere.

I like the racing stripe lizards but there was nothing to do but put him out of his misery. I'd have torn him apart getting him off that sticky trap.