Woodstock, Ontario Streetfest Cruise

Today was a busy automotive day in the city.  At the fairgrounds was a swap meet with over 100 vendors, both inside and outside.  I didn't get a chance to check it out but did drive by and it looked very well attended.  Downtown, today marked the end of the annual sidewalk sale days, with the main street closed and today it was turned over for a car show spread over about 5 blocks.  I hope that you enjoy the pictures of just a few of the cars - it's a real mix of restored/original and modified cars.  I will say that the modified cars are not the over the top ones that we used to say and generally tastefully done with a lot of just tire/wheel swaps and engines that had been breathed on a bit.  Most of the pictures I took are of original ones, thought a few modified vehicles did sneak in.  Just a bit of a look into "the scene" north of the border with a few Canadian market only cars thrown in.

This 1931 Dodge rolled in just as I started taking pictures - not many pre-war cars and not a single Model A or T

image.jpeg.79631b1167b090382b99384cc951d19e.jpeg

I didn't notice the guy in the background but he looks like he belongs in the mural!

image.jpeg.92bedc1950c79078e2a3ffec629d18ad.jpeg

image.jpeg.8af4e06c375bed852623c2558eaf05ba.jpeg

image.jpeg.aaaa1c10a6e247364e8946f02f0b982a.jpeg

1975 Hang 10

image.jpeg.2d161247709f007b936b49cd80536574.jpeg

image.jpeg.4ec51f592e2073eedf263eb90f0b00b9.jpeg

A view down the street

image.jpeg.4bd2acb99f4ea654e203a7582f0d69bc.jpeg

Edited by 3macboys (see edit history)
  • Like 7

image.jpeg.2e33fdbb7f3b2f189e0c39cd2f47a046.jpeg

This '74 Astre was one reason why I had to go for the stroll - the owner had contacted by through Ebay looking to buy and owner's manual for the car - who knew that she lived a few blocks from me!  And yes the tent is original to the car!

image.jpeg.8b2f173dad46940907bd2b393263cdf7.jpeg

image.jpeg.9025a263ab82106e9654716df1038171.jpeg

image.jpeg.e4fca6a85d1147d341b55f3f2e2089e8.jpeg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, 3macboys said:

I'm curious to know from you folks if this car is original or not

image.jpeg.537b31a515acdd76335a99ea3d63859c.jpeg

image.jpeg.567530ac588d71a346c0afc73d316c85.jpeg

image.jpeg.538544f94276d43dd645dd9efcc0da7f.jpeg

image.jpeg.3c212bec32da70ee5fda9e3e11649e8b.jpeg

Yes it is original. Nicknamed the "Lemon and Lime" Speedster.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Ed Luddy said:

Nice to see my hometown StreetFest is going strong! Thanks for the pictures. I was planning on going, but a few snags prevailed and I couldn't get away.

Not only is it going strong, most of the cars I didn't recognize which means that there's new blood in this old car world of ours!  I just didn't have the time today to hit the swap meet but I was pleasantly surprised at how well it seemed to be received for their first time out.  Looks like it's going to be a must do day next year to hit both.  

• Like 3

thank you for taking the time to take the photos and also post and identify what you took here on the forums. MOST appreciated. Great to see the Canadian versions of some of the cars we are familiar with . Excellent.

Walt

• Like 3

Thanks for posting these photos.  Nice to see the Ontario salt didn't consume them all!!

That 1955 Studebaker President Speedster was a Spring offering.  That color combination is Sun Valley Yellow/Highleah Lime metallic.  There was a total of 2215 President Speedsters made.

Craig

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BobinVirginia said:

The silver 442 and the rare red Mercury are really sweet muscle cars! Thanks for sharing! 

You want to talk about rare - that Mercury is owned by the local shoe repair store owner - he still does leather work, re-soles shoes and boots.  When was the last time you saw one of those guys!  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 3macboys said:

You want to talk about rare - that Mercury is owned by the local shoe repair store owner - he still does leather work, re-soles shoes and boots.  When was the last time you saw one of those guys!  

We still have a boot repairman here.  I have used him some.

Ben

• Like 1

@3macboys Thanks for all of these photos. Love that '53 Buick Special 41 D. I noticed the fog lights placed into the bumper bombs - a period accessory not often seen on the survivors. Great looking car. 

image.jpeg.cc741908c67247ae5c55f5aaa1e5cf34.jpeg

That '58 Pontiac wagon with the "Restored in less than 90 days" notation on the info board is interesting - depending on the owner, the story will either be a great one - or 45 minutes later (when he still hasn't inhaled) will make you wish you hadn't asked. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, 3macboys said:

Not only is it going strong, most of the cars I didn't recognize which means that there's new blood in this old car world of ours!  I just didn't have the time today to hit the swap meet but I was pleasantly surprised at how well it seemed to be received for their first time out.  Looks like it's going to be a must do day next year to hit both.  

Yes. A lot of cars I haven't seen around either. Good news!

8 hours ago, Sidemount33 said:

That '58 Pontiac wagon with the "Restored in less than 90 days" notation on the info board is interesting - depending on the owner, the story will either be a great one - or 45 minutes later (when he still hasn't inhaled) will make you wish you hadn't asked. 

That '58 Pathfinder wagon is definitely NOT restored!  

It appears to be a better-than-average used wagon, with some shine on the patinaed original paint thrown in.   

Craig

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, 8E45E said:

That '58 Pathfinder wagon is definitely NOT restored!  

It appears to be a better-than-average used wagon, with some shine on the patinaed original paint thrown in.   

Craig

Im not sure how much of that 'patina' is original. I have a buddy that is working on a Nomad and short of the shiny clear coat the 'patina' looks just about the same. He and his father in law applied it with a couple of cans of rustoleum in his driveway.

2 hours ago, TAKerry said:

Im not sure how much of that 'patina' is original. I have a buddy that is working on a Nomad and short of the shiny clear coat the 'patina' looks just about the same. He and his father in law applied it with a couple of cans of rustoleum in his driveway.

I think that the owner definitely took liberty with a few words and the story about found sitting outside I suspect was that it had been rolled outside the day before he found it.  Still a different car that you don't normally see.

• Like 1

That 2 door Pontiac wagon is def. cool. I dont know if that was called a Safari or not. Nomads are pretty rare but Im not sure I have seen more than about 2 (including this one) of the 2 door Pontiacs.

14 minutes ago, TAKerry said:

That 2 door Pontiac wagon is def. cool. I dont know if that was called a Safari or not. Nomads are pretty rare but Im not sure I have seen more than about 2 (including this one) of the 2 door Pontiacs.

I believe that the 2 door for 58 was unique to Canada, but I stand to be corrected.  I can't image what the tooling costs were for that!  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, 3macboys said:

I believe that the 2 door for 58 was unique to Canada, but I stand to be corrected.  I can't image what the tooling costs were for that!  

Them and the sedan deliveries.  The 2-door wagons lasted until 1960, and the Sedan Delivery until 1958.

I saw a '58 Sedan Delivery running around daily when I lived in Edmonton a good 50 years ago.  And in the early 1980's, I remember Rothman's had a '57 Sedan Delivery in their 1950's vehicles collection.

Craig

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The 2 door delivery wagon was very popular in the East Coast of Canada both in Pontiac and Chevrolet. Mostly if not all were bare bones Stovebolt inliners 6's with 3 spd bolt action power trains. A passenger visor shade or AM Radio were seldom ordered. No clock, cigar lighter or outside mirror.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1