Blinker issue

The right side turn signals on my 72 riviera don't flash the lights work they are on but no flashing when I hit it the green arrow on the dash for that signal stays green also when the power is on any ideas?

You have a bad flasher.....if it was the bulb the malfunctioning side would blink extra fast

on the instrument cluster. It is not uncommon for the flasher to work on one side of the car and not the other.

Edited by Seafoam65 (see edit history)

Are you sure that you replaced the correct flasher? Your car has two flashers.....one for the hazard flashers and one for the turn signals. Usually the hazard flasher is in plain sight in the fuse box, and the turn signal flasher is buried in the dash where it is hard to find.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seafoam65 said:

Ed......I think the blinker fluid might be low on my Riviera......Can you tell me where

the blinker fluid reservoir is located?

Opposite the reservoir for the stop light fluid.

I got the fluid and found the reservoir, but the instructions on the bottle are confusing.  It says to flip the switch to the 'LEFT' position and pour a little, pause, pour a little more, pause, pour a little more; then repeat for 'RIGHT' turn.  My 'right' blinker works fine, so can I just skip that step?  :huh:

• Like 1

You had better add a little to the right side to be safe,,,,,Also, I recommend the DOT 9 Blinker fluid.....the bulbs will last a lot longer and if you spill DOT 9 Blinker Fluid you won't damage the painted surfaces on your car. Some people claim that with the DOT 9 the turn signals blink too fast, but I haven't had that problem on my cars.   

• Like 1

10 hours ago, EmTee said:

I got the fluid and found the reservoir, but the instructions on the bottle are confusing.  It says to flip the switch to the 'LEFT' position and pour a little, pause, pour a little more, pause, pour a little more; then repeat for 'RIGHT' turn.  My 'right' blinker works fine, so can I just skip that step?  :huh:

"Some say" this kind of information is passed on genetically.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Somewhat to the topic, in the mid-1980s I started teaching an apprenticeship program. At the time I had access to the Xerox corporate library where I found some great books on developing training courses. One left an impression on me for the rest of my life:

"If a ten step test is created for making coffee and the testee leaves out the step to add the water; No, they will not receive a grade of 90%."

They also had discarded books for sale. I bought one, copyright 1958, with a whole chapter on the value of nuclear strip mining in the Dakotas. I gave it to a geologist friend.