1970 Ford 250 XLT camper special 29,740 miles - $18,900 (Breinigsville, PA)

Nice looking truck. Im not sure I have seen one of these with the under dash A/C. I had a '67 with a 390. Good strong running truck but one must keep in mind, a pickup from 1970 is not to be compared with a pickup of 2024. This thing will ride like a truck, slow and a gas hog. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TAKerry said:

a pickup from 1970 is not to be compared with a pickup of 2024. This thing will ride like a truck, slow and a gas hog. 

True

But compared to a 2024 car, a 2024 truck, while not slow in a straight line, still rides, corners, and sucks gas like a truck. Physics won’t be denied

I have a 2014 F250, it rides every bit like a truck. Modern 1/2 ton trucks may ride nice but 3/4 ton and up are still considered work trucks in most spheres and have "truck" suspensions to prove it. 

These are very handsome trucks. I had a '66 F250 Camper Special and really liked it. These are fine as an occasional work truck, and to take to a Cars and Coffee. Not as a daily, at least from most people. On the other hand, I love my '07 F150 long bed which I bought new.

DSC05791.JPG

• Like 2

Ready to go whenever I need it. 
My special ordered 69 F100 302 overdrive, equa-lock rear end and 16 inch wheels  😎

The original buyers were going to get the 300 six but then the salesman called telling them that the 302 just became available. They rushed back and signed new order forms. 

Adjusiflex rear springs allows it to carry almost as much as a 3/4 ton. 

I added power steering (rare box) and get 19 mpg at 70 mph on trips. And the best thing, in California, no smog testing. 😄

I know it’s upside down, can’t get the phone to flip it. 😕

IMG_2587.jpeg

• Like 1

mm-man: Photo taken in Australia?😉
Often, trucks bought for an overhead camper mounting were driven just on camping trips and will have low miles (as do many RV's). This seem to be the case- and the front trailer mount suggests they pulled a boat.

Edited by Sal Hepatica
Sp (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sal Hepatica said:

mm-man: Photo taken in Australia?😉

No, I just paid way more than it is worth and way more than I will ever get out of it.  😉

• Haha 3

I purchased my '72 F-100 new in January of 1973 in San Jose Ca. as a model year "left-over". 390/C-6, it now clocks somewhere in excess of 700,000 miles running on its third engine. Still a reliable ride around town and on the farm. No problem at 70 mph on the highway, but mpg at 50 is much better. It's hauled everything from tractors and farm animals to a 17,000 mile cross-country excursion pulling a 25 foot 5th wheel camp trailer, not to mention visits to Canada and Mexico. 

Had a chance to buy this or an F-250 at the time. but the F-250 ride was much harsher and gearing was low. I figured both mileage and top speed would suffer.

I also have a short wheelbase 1970 F-350 flat bed, but that's a whole 'nother experience.

72F1003.JPG.0500d780980608fb45a3e88abd615b01.JPG

• Like 3