1985 Ford LTD (Detective's car) - $3,300 (Spokane)

https://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/d/spokane-classic-detective-car/7764726972.html

1985 Ford LTD  (police/detective)

A true classic (Fox body)

V6 3.8 EFI

RWD

No rust

Clean title & Bill of sale for new owner

1 set of keys

•Pvc new•Vave gaskets new•Air filter•Tires new•oil and filter•Too much 2 list!

$3300 Cash takes it, No haggle price, Clean no rust, What you see is what you will pay.

Lots of time and work into this car, Spent lots of time fine tuning/renovating this car

(509) 601-9527

00E0E_4A8YLqyOkFm_0pO0jq_1200x900.jpg

00A0A_ak6LC7owgRg_0pO0jq_1200x900.jpg

00m0m_5xtVciJ5vlA_0pO0jq_1200x900.jpg

• Like 1

V6 Police car? Doesn't make sense, but I do remember The CHP's brief experiment with Dodge K cars. 

Most collectors, I think, have forgotten these

models, but to me they are rather good looking cars.

Someone should preserve a few.  Have any others

ever been for sale in recent years?

Here is the 1983 Mercury Marquis equivalent that

one of our local members owns:

Hanover Dutch Days--1983 Mercury Marquis-Don Collins (2).JPG

Hanover Dutch Days--1983 Mercury Marquis-Don Collins.JPG

Cars of their times and not as heinous as most of us remember them to be!😄

One of my great-aunts had a 1985 LTD that had been ordered as the Ford dealer's wife's personal car. Mrs Crowell found she didn't particularly like the small LTD and moved back to a Crown Vic in 1988 (when the dealer's accountant said she could!😄). That's when Aunt Met got it, and she liked the size of it a lot.

She'd come visit her sister (my Grandma) about once a month, and if I was out visiting my Mama and Grandma when she came, I'd get out the car wash stuff and wash the LTD for her. She lived in town so the car was never really dirty, and I could wash it in half an hour, but Met was my favorite of Grandma's sisters. Her thing was sewing and knitting, and I still have a couple of sweaters she knitted for me. Just wish I could still get in them!

Met around time she owned the LTD.

FF6E9A2B-EA08-4C92-9CA08CCFFE6DD54F.jpg

• Like 7

Many of you know I have a 1980 Plymouth Volare four door sedan and despite my memory of cars of that era I find though low on power once up to speed it is a good running comfortable car. I suspect this LTD will be the same. Also around here many of the local medium sized police departments used more economical cars for “administrative “ work at that time.  Maybe the department this car came from had a similar policy.

Edited by plymouthcranbrook (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Crash bar, steelies and spotlight all scream Police car. The interior does not. Not that I have seen the inside of a lot of police cars (at least not the front seat, LOL) I would think the sets would not be velour and maybe a rubber floor in lieu of carpet. Not a bad car and you could find worse places to spend 3k.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TAKerry said:

Crash bar, steelies and spotlight all scream Police car. The interior does not. Not that I have seen the inside of a lot of police cars (at least not the front seat, LOL) I would think the sets would not be velour and maybe a rubber floor in lieu of carpet. Not a bad car and you could find worse places to spend 3k.

Around this time I was able to buy cars through the local dealers fleet sales dept. I ordered a Police spec Malibu after reading about it in Car & Driver.

It still had to pass California smog so was a fairly tame V8 but did have all vinyl interior and special speedometer as well as bigger alternator and firmer suspension and different brakes.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TAKerry said:

Detective cars were typically ordered with just a bit more creature comfort. 

The Crown Vic, ordered for our Sheriff could hardly be told from our Grand Marquis. 

• Like 2