For Sale: 1917 ALLEN TOURING CAR - Project - $#### - Waterford, MS - Not Mine - Finally, We Have an Asking Price: $49,995: 8-31-2024

Posted (edited)

For Sale: 1917 ALLEN TOURING CAR - Project - $#### - Waterford, MS - Finally, We Have an Asking Price: $49,995: 8-31-2024

1917 Allen Touring Car for sale by owner - Waterford, MS - craigslist
Seller's Description:

1917 ALLEN TOURING CAR AVAILABLE!  A TRUE COLLECTORS CAR…ONLY 5 LEFT IN THE WORLD!  OWN A PIECE OF AUTOMOTIVE HISTORY!  Car is Garaged in the Memphis Metro Area. odometer: 2200.
Copy and paste in your email: fe7ed427a00737f1a6e2f975caefd15c@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1917 ALLEN TOURING CAR - Project.

'1917 ALLEN MS a.jpg

'1917 ALLEN MS b.jpg

'1917 ALLEN MS c.jpg

'1917 ALLEN MS d.jpg

'1917 ALLEN MS e.jpg

'1917 ALLEN MS f.jpg

'17 ALLEN TN a.jpg

'17 ALLEN TN b.jpg

'17 ALLEN TN c.jpg

'17 ALLEN TN d.jpg

'17 ALLEN TN f.jpg

'17 ALLEN TN e.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Finally, We Have an Asking Price $49,995: 8-31-2024. Crossed out the dead CL link. (see edit history)
  • Like 8

4 minutes ago, alsancle said:

Well, a first for everything.   As in first time I've ever seen an Allen.

And if you can't be bothered with engine, and underneath pics, more of a guessing game.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

As I have looked at purchasing an Allen, in the past, and I have spoken with the current owner several years ago. This car was part of my hunt in the past. It is a rare car, but not always does "rare" equate with a high sales price. And that is the case here with a car that is comparable with a Dodge Bros. I will check in with the owner again and see if a new sales price is now available.

Al

Edited by alsfarms
Clarity (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Posted (edited)

I had to look that one up! Seems there were quite a few different "Allen" cars over the years, but fortunately they mostly didn't overlap and this company had the largest production by far. This one was built in Fostoria OH and 7150 were built during the years 1917-1918. All together 20,000 Allens were built! Obviously a pretty low survival rate, possibly because they used their own 221 CID 4 cylinder engine. 

Edited by Leif in Calif
unclear sentence (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1917 ALLEN TOURING CAR - Project - $#### - Waterford, MS - Not Mine - Finally, We Have an Asking Price: $49,995: 8-31-2024

I am glad that this unrestored Allen automobile is garage stored so the weather will not be serious factor in the denigration further of its physical condition. I am afraid that it will sit quietly into the future given its current sale price goal. I had spoken to the family member who inherited this car in the past and that interchange ended in a no sale. I reached out again, currently, to see if anything changed and received a "no response". I do hope the best for the current owner and future sale.

Al

There is a very similar automobile for sale on the HCCA. This one is a Star, also a rare car like the Allen. Both are 4 cylinder. The Star looks good and runs with an asking price of $17500. I think.  The price on the Allen is a hard ball price while playing on a ping pong table. I wish both sellers the best of luck and I think the Star will certainly go first.

Al