For Sale: 1966 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan - $25,000 - Rio Rancho, NM - Not Mine - Major Price Reduction to $13,500: 7-24-2024.

For Sale: 1966 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan - $25,000 - Rio Rancho, NM - Major Price Reduction to $13,500: 7-24-2024. See New Link Below.

1966 lincoln continental for sale by owner - Corrales, NM - craigslist
Seller's Description:

For sale is a 1966 Lincoln Continental. This car is in very good shape. It has not been started in about 6-months but used to run well. The car is a 2 owner, most recently owned by my wife's father that passed away in January. He bought it in 1981 from its original owner, a close family friend. All we know about the recent history of the car is that her dad drove it occasionally and kept the maintenance up on it.
Price in ad is a placeholder. If interested, please contact with serious offer. All lowball offers will be ignored. We are happy to show the car on the weekends with an appointment. Cash only, no trades.
Copy and paste in your email: 91861f26451c33eca42c9edbdfd8f3e0@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1966 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan.
The Standard Catalog of American Cars, 1946-1975, edited by John Gunnell states 35,809 1966 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedans built.

'66 Lincoln Continental NM a.jpg

'66 Lincoln Continental NM b.jpg

'66 Lincoln Continental NM c.jpg

'66 Lincoln Continental NM d.jpg

'66 Lincoln Continental NM e.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Major Price Reduction to $13,500: 7-24-2024. Crossed out the dead CL link and old price. (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Beige, with a Burgandy interior…. How exciting.  🥱

This is what a new Lincoln looked like back when they were painting the Classic Lincolns in the brown and tan colors that we all love so much today.  

$25,000……yeah….right……

BTW seller, any real estate agent will tell you that you need to do your market research BEFORE pricing something for sale.  If you are too high to begin with, buyers will run.  Then when it doesn’t sell, they won’t return because they assume that there is something wrong with it.  
You get only one bite at the apple, get it right the first time.  

• Like 3

I had one of these back in the '70's. A nice driving car. I agree that the seller should name a price, even if it's a bit more than he would accept. How about getting it running and serviced/ 

New Mexico car so maybe it’s super solid. That matters but I don’t think it makes this a $25k car. The slab side Lincolns have been selling for big money lately. Still, $25k is a lot for a non-running, faded sedan that needs an interior. 

7 hours ago, m-mman said:

Beige, with a Burgundy interior…. How exciting.  

Far too many of the 1960's Lincoln sedans

that we see today are white, black, or putty colored.

Yet, I believe Lincoln offered about 20 paint choices.

It would be great to see some survivors in other colors!

1 hour ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

Far too many of the 1960's Lincoln sedans

that we see today are white, black, or putty colored.

Yet, I believe Lincoln offered about 20 paint choices.

It would be great to see some survivors in other colors!

Here is one. OK, technically a convertible sedan…E1CD0A4E-FEE7-49B2-A7AC-9066F1E2D70A.jpeg.17e1cc527f792d81a49c9f1f2e249010.jpeg

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Gearheadengineer said:

"The slab side Lincolns have been selling for big money lately. "

That's to make understatement, I'd say 'stupid money' is more accurate.  Every rundown, worn out, weathered, neglected, rusty 1961-'69 Lincoln sedan or convertible advertised is priced well beyond realistic reason.  Last one that looked anywhere near realistic was that white 1963 sedan in Ohio that needed the engine re-installed.  Anyone who wants a 1960's luxury car with styling in that theme without mortgaging the house better seek a 1964-'68 Imperial which seem to have a relatively high survival rate relative to their initial production numbers. 

I had a '67 (silver with black vinyl top and black cloth interior).  I bought it from a retiring co-worker in Sunnyvale, CA for $750 in 1981.  He bought it circa '69 and had no children.  The car was spotless inside & out with ~100K miles and ran like a Swiss watch.  The only 'issue' was the silver paint was burned-through to the primer in spots on the hood and trunk lid due to the sun exposure.  The 'slab sides' were perfect.  Despite that, the vinyl top cleaned-up beautifully.

I drove that car cross-country and my wife's comment was "it was like putting your livingroom on cruise-control".  ;)

Edited by EmTee (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On 6/29/2024 at 8:50 AM, 58L-Y8 said:

That's to make understatement, I'd say 'stupid money' is more accurate.

I’d agree with you if I didn’t own one. With actual selling prices as high as they are, I am preparing to let mine go after 24+ years.

4 minutes ago, Gearheadengineer said:

I’d agree with you if I didn’t own one. With actual selling prices as high as they are, I am preparing to let mine go after 24+ years.

If I still had the '63 convertible I had years ago, I'd be offering it for sale now too, gladly partake of the inflated prices.  This current price trend seems to be all driven by the slab-sides with 'suicide'-doors and convertible top, though even the sedans are brought along.  Only the 1966-'69 hardtop coupes seem to be left out, still occasionally appear for realistic money.

• Like 1

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1966 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan - $25,000 - Rio Rancho, NM - Not Mine - Major Price Reduction to $13,500: 7-24-2024.

While these are interesting cars on their own and have been collectible for a long time they are also in hot demand by modification crowd.  The guys spending $100k plus to customize these cars aren't quibbling over the price of good solid starts.  And you would be surprised how many high dollar custom Lincolns are out there.

While I don't have stats it just feels like no one is messing around with pro street too much these days but these things are everywhere.  A few Cadillacs but Lincoln is king in that world.

• Like 2