32x6 Tires with Ford Script

9 hours ago, Jeff Gibbs said:

Can anyone tell me the history of where and when these were produced?

217-414-7321

IMG_1803.jpeg

IMG_1802.jpeg

IMG_1801.jpeg

I recall reading that Harvey Firestone and ole’ Henry Ford were close friends.  Could have something to do with the Ford logo.

The photo tires certainly look new.

I have seen tires like these before, a long time ago, on a 1950ish Ford one ton truck. No idea how old they were then, or when they were last made. If these were made after the very early 1970s, they should have a date coded serial number on them somewhere.

Didn't Henry Ford have rubber plantations in an effort for his company to be completely insulated and self-sufficient? Not sure if he had his own tire production or relied on his friendship with Firestone to source Ford-branded tires.

I have never figured out the date coding myself. But that looks to me like it might predate the 1970s date coding.

For a collector truck, that will never get loaded much beyond a picnic basket, or driven much over 45 mph? Those tires might be better and safer than most tires manufactured today that would fit. That is my opinion based upon experience with older heavy duty tires. Important factors are whether tires are synthetic or cotton cord, checking (deterioration) of the surface rubber, and whether the tire has sat flat with weight on it.

51 minutes ago, rocketraider said:

Didn't Henry Ford have rubber plantations in an effort for his company to be completely insulated and self-sufficient? Not sure if he had his own tire production or relied on his friendship with Firestone to source Ford-branded tires.

Yes had rubber plantation in Brazil I believe, but wasn’t very successful 

4 hours ago, plymouthcranbrook said:

Gotta love someone who takes advantage of an opportunity no matter how remote the chance is.  😁

Can’t blame a guy for trying 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1