1955 Jaguar XK 140, not mine.

Posted (edited)

Why is it when I "click" on some of the facebook postings I can access the ad and others I can't like this one?

Not a facebook user and do not want to sign up just to view the ads. :(

Edited by AzBob (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AzBob said:

Why is it when I "click" on some of the facebook postings I can access the ad and others I can't like this one?

Not a facebook user and do not want to sign up just to view the ads. :(

I suspect the ad has been taken down. Sold or otherwise

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Terry Y said:

I suspect the ad has been taken down. Sold or otherwise

Don't know. This is what I get when I click on the ad.

Screen Shot 2024-05-22 at 12.08.02 PM.png

"happy to get it running"?    The 45K might be a good deal or might not be.  Depends how many needs it has.   If you get it running and driving for under 5k then not bad.   But it could be much much worse.

These are fantastic driving cars btw.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, alsancle said:

"happy to get it running"?    The 45K might be a good deal or might not be.  Depends how many needs it has.   If you get it running and driving for under 5k then not bad.   But it could be much much worse.

These are fantastic driving cars btw.  

Yep, never a cheap car to turn from static display "Garage Art" into a mobile somewhat reliable weekend cruiser. Then you have to enjoy the lovely smell of leaking gas, oil, and coolant along with the faint aroma of English leather mixed with the intoxicating scintilla of smoking Lucas wiring. "Pip Pip and all that rot" as my Brit friends say.

• Haha 2

There are a lot of connection points/stab on terminals in the wiring. I remember there being a lot of switching grounds in the electrical system. They are fun cars, have a great sound when you run up the gears. Tight on room inside, prices have gone crazy on these cars. Still a lot of project roadsters out there, asking prices are steep.

I love these old Jags but I could never afford one. I took this photo at a Cars & Coffee several years ago. It's the best looking one I've ever seen. Black Beauty is a fitting name for it.

cars-coffee 10-22-16-3.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ed Luddy said:

Yep, never a cheap car to turn from static display "Garage Art" into a mobile somewhat reliable weekend cruiser. Then you have to enjoy the lovely smell of leaking gas, oil, and coolant along with the faint aroma of English leather mixed with the intoxicating scintilla of smoking Lucas wiring. "Pip Pip and all that rot" as my Brit friends say.

Please allow me to join you on the Sour Grapes Committee of the Capital Challenged Car Collector's Club.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, 7th Son said:

Please allow me to join you on the Sour Grapes Committee of the Capital Challenged Car Collector's Club.

He is not far off.   Jaguars are like Rolls Royce and Cord 810/812.  A fully sorted car is a joy to behold and drive.   A car that has sat for a long time or been messed with can be an unmitigated disaster to make usable.

A Jag is also like a Corvette.  Nobody ever brought it to the junkyard willingly.   So there are lots and lots.  Many are project cars of some level so there are many choices.

• Like 2

There are a few totally blasted out project cars floating around. Saved like they were pulled from the bottom of a Swiss lake. And their condition some how adds value. Try and find another one in this bad of shape. There is a unique look to a destroyed vintage sports car.