Revalcanizing 1934 Chrysler model CA transmission mounts ?

I've tried several places to have my transmission mounts revalcanized but all places turn-out to be dead-ends.  One try was Australia where I lost a hundred dollars in regard to shipping back and forth , to find that the owner is out of business. The latest try was to Then and Now Automotive, Antique Auto Parts Inc. where I found that the website is non-functioning and emails and phone messages aren't returned. Does anyone know where these mounts can be revalcanized?

I just bought some fuel pump parts from Tom at "Then and Now"...yes the website now is lame...the phones are not answered like they should be..

But I called three times and Tom answered...got my parts in three days.

Not sure..but their staff is short after covid..

I’ve done business with Tom at  “Then and Now” for decades and generally would recommend highly, but based on my last encounter* about a year ago, I suspect he (like me and several others I know) has become somewhat of a victim of his own success, i.e. too many orders/too much business, not enough time or good help.

* Something that used to take couple of weeks, took several months.

• Like 1

For at least 50 years I have always had a pair of 1955-1957 Chevy motor mounts in my cabinet. I haven't had many of those Chevies but the mounts are real easy to adapt to almost any job at hand.

image.jpeg.2e25081b21b6d1f2e01d169302c201a3.jpeg

• Like 1

To 61polara , Steele Rubber doesnt do it . To TTr Yes, I tried Andy Bernbaum ,he doesn't do it. To dep5 LIke I said (Then and Now )their website is actually far below lame; it's misleading . The person that created it told me that she has no control of it anymore. Also to dep5 , No photos in your supplied photos from Then and Now ,mention the word TRANSMISSION.  I see what appears like my Transmission left and right supports that are shown in the photos as part 600603 labeled something else. And now I read your 2nd post TTR, where you seem to be saying that it's almost impossible to deal with the only people that might actually do the revulcanizing of these parts.  Maybe I read you wrongly? And c49er, The phone #s at (Then and Now) are impossible to leave a messge ,and much less to have someone actually answer .   Details must be spoken of when dealing in a business -like manner,like how do I know that my mounts get to the shop if I send them? And , how do I know how to deal with the money that has to change hands. And if it should take a week to rebuild them perhaps they won't be ready for six months.  This is no -way to be representing a major place to handle antique car business. So, What's the answers? Thanks to all of you ; I'll be eager for your replies.  

I called twice...they picked up...

Have done that before and always finally got through.

You should keep trying...right now it seems your only chance to at least see if you can talk to someone.

Sorry to say this is the future of getting old obsolete parts.

To c49er, Since last December both Phone781-335-8860 / 781-335-1579 answer the same way ,that being, they both say that you're not to leave a message on either # and that you should immediately hang-up. Then one second and a female voice says " Are you still there, hang-up now ! I don't know how in the world that you got through unless someone recognizes your # as a friend?  If the people want to be in business for a long time in the future they can't treat customers like this . Even if a person dials these #,s repededly no-one picks-up.   

Yes.. they are killing their reputation and business.

Two weeks ago I was able to get the lady to answer then transfer me to Tom.

Had my fuel pump parts three days later.

Hope they will stay in business.

Not looking too good though unless they are able to easily be reached by customers.

On 5/17/2024 at 11:32 AM, 60FlatTop said:

For at least 50 years I have always had a pair of 1955-1957 Chevy motor mounts in my cabinet. I haven't had many of those Chevies but the mounts are real easy to adapt to almost any job at hand.

image.jpeg.2e25081b21b6d1f2e01d169302c201a3.jpeg

Irrelevant

On 5/17/2024 at 9:13 PM, CHARLITO said:

Also to dep5 , No photos in your supplied photos from Then and Now ,mention the word TRANSMISSION.  I see what appears like my Transmission left and right supports that are shown in the photos as part 600603 labeled something else. 

There is no transmission mount. The engine sets on a  steady rest pad at the clutch housing and upper two mounts on the clutch housing resist torque. How well do you know your car?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 60FlatTop said:

A steady rest pad made of rubber dense enough to support an engine that has a bolt hole in the center would work for 

From another forum troll that has nothing better to do. Completely irrelevant.

On 5/17/2024 at 9:13 PM, CHARLITO said:

To 61polara , Steele Rubber doesnt do it . To TTr Yes, I tried Andy Bernbaum ,he doesn't do it. To dep5 LIke I said (Then and Now )their website is actually far below lame; it's misleading . The person that created it told me that she has no control of it anymore. Also to dep5 , No photos in your supplied photos from Then and Now ,mention the word TRANSMISSION.  I see what appears like my Transmission left and right supports that are shown in the photos as part 600603 labeled something else. And now I read your 2nd post TTR, where you seem to be saying that it's almost impossible to deal with the only people that might actually do the revulcanizing of these parts.  Maybe I read you wrongly? And c49er, The phone #s at (Then and Now) are impossible to leave a messge ,and much less to have someone actually answer .   Details must be spoken of when dealing in a business -like manner,like how do I know that my mounts get to the shop if I send them? And , how do I know how to deal with the money that has to change hands. And if it should take a week to rebuild them perhaps they won't be ready for six months.  This is no -way to be representing a major place to handle antique car business. So, What's the answers? Thanks to all of you ; I'll be eager for your replies.  

I'm close enough to Then and Now in Weymouth MA to drive my parts there and pick them up. 

They are far far far from a "major" place to handle antique car business.

Picture a shoe cobbler sized shop. About the size of 2 bowling lanes. 

To dep5, I call them transmission mounts ever since I read what you said :

dep5

On 7/12/2018 at 12:19 PM, Sactownog said:

well, these are my Transmission Mounts that are on my 33 Dodge, I plan to take them off and have them REVOLCONIZED, any tips on this before I start taking them off and sending them out?

Make sure you mark the brackets as the R&L are different.

Note that the lower steel portion of the front of the mount (where the bracket fastens)  is shorter than the back so that the bracket does not bottom out on the mount. Part #600603 fits 1933-34 Dodge 6, Plymouth and 1934 Chrysler CA-CB

There is a steady rest pad #389156 under the bell housing that is the same 1932-34 Dodge 6, 1933 Plymouth PD, 1934 Plymouth PE-PF-PG and 1934 Chrysler CA-CB. This is a rubber block vulcanized to a strip of steel and it needs to be sent into to Tom along with the front mount at the water pump.

The front mount #600834 fits 1933 Dodge 6 and Plymouth. It contains two pieces of curved steel and both need to be sent in. The lower half is riveted to the front support and must be removed.

I originally developed this tooling from original NOS samples. The molds were built by Guhl Machine of Huntington, Indiana. I sold all the tooling, molds and fixtures to Tom Hannaford at Antique Auto Parts Cellar (a.k.a. Then and Now Automotive) who has proudly carried on the tradition of Floating Power Motor Mount Service since approx 1986-87.

To gungeey --  When I said  (a major place) I'm thinking of the amount of business they have available to them by way of people such as us here at the forum. I've seen the buildings where the store is via Google Earth; the footage isn't that old.    The place is spoken of frequently , usually in a kind manner. If I lived close ,I'd go in person,of course. Pero,  I'm mucho far away.  Perhaps there's a way to organize the business so as to let people be in a queue ,where they know it might take a good long while, but , at least they would know  that it's safe to send their  project and that it will be returned with the money changing hands very business like.