1941 Nash Commander, not mine.

“Don’t you try to tell me! I know exactly what it’s worth!!!”   😡

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, The 55er said:

Someone's got their wires crossed there......Or maybe it's a Studebaker Ambassador. 

It says one owner. Give him a little slack. He's gotta be 100 years old by now, even if he was under 20 when he bought it!  😁

Edited by Dave Wells (see edit history)
  • Haha 2

It's a 1941 Studebaker Commander Custom Sedan-Coupe.  The all-new bodies for Commanders and Presidents were only built for 1941 and the war time curtailed 1942 model years.  A significant feature of the Sedan-Coupes were curved windshields for a pre-war production body style, the four door sedans didn't have them.  The curvature is slight but considered a step forward in glass technology.  Only the concurrent lwb Chrysler Crown Imperials also had curved windshields.

'41 Studebaker Commander sedan-coupe.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyone interested seeing more of this very same automobile can watch a YouTube video entitled "MWK #1278, 1941 Studebaker Commander, Gateway Classic Cars of Milwaukee". So maybe this current Facebook ad is a scam attempt by someone that doesn't know one make of antique car from another? 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, The 55er said:

So maybe this current Facebook ad is a scam attempt by someone that doesn't know one make of antique car from another? 

...or his derriere from a hole in the ground.

Okay, correction has been made in the ad so now we can focus on the car.  It looks really nice to me at a reasonable price.  I've always like the styling on these Studebakers and the paint looks really good.

10 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Only the concurrent lwb Chrysler Crown Imperials also had curved windshields.

I was just researching that very question because I saw a '41 Chrysler limo in the film "Born to Kill" the other night and I was wondering about it.  I think the one-piece curved windshield was first offered on the '37 Airflow Custom Imperial Limo like this one made specially for Major Bowes.

MajorBowesAirflow.webp.3529400a92fcdea5e28e32df067a3c39.webp

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, neil morse said:

I was just researching that very question because I saw a '41 Chrysler limo in the film "Born to Kill" the other night and I was wondering about it.  I think the one-piece curved windshield was first offered on the '37 Airflow Custom Imperial Limo like this one made specially for Major Bowes.

MajorBowesAirflow.webp.3529400a92fcdea5e28e32df067a3c39.webp

Indeed, the Chrysler Custom Imperial Airflow Series CW is credited with the first curved windshields in a production car, though 'production' would be generous description for the 112 CWs built between 1934-'37.  

• Like 2