For Sale: 1927 Ford Model T Touring Car - $14,500 - LeClaire, IA - Not Mine

For Sale: 1927 Ford Model T Touring Car - $14,500 - LeClaire, IA

1927 Ford Model T for sale by owner - Rapids City, IL - craigslist
Seller's Description:

Looking to sell my 1927 Ford Model T. The car is a lot of fun and is in excellent shape. Body and interior are near perfect. Mechanically sounds and runs great. Only needs front bearings and you are ready for the season. The only reason I am selling the car is out of necessity and to finance another purchase.
Copy and paste in your email: 4aff45d6170c3e9587887fbd001976f8@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1927 Ford Model T Touring Car.

'27 Ford Model T IA a.jpg

'27 Ford Model T IA b.jpg

'27 Ford Model T IA c.jpg

'27 Ford Model T IA d.jpg

'27 Ford Model T IA e.jpg

'27 Ford Model T IA f.jpg

• Like 3

Are the front wheel bearings that much of a pain to do that the seller isn't going to bother with them?

Makes me wonder what else he is skimping on when it comes to basic maintenance.

As I understand it, the company making the replacement front wheel bearings for model Ts for years quit making them. Good NORS ones are tough to come by, and have been selling for some crazy prices. Model A and some early V8 wheel bearings can be made to work, however to fit properly the model T outer bearings need to be threaded internally to lock into place and not rapidly wear out the spindle.

23 hours ago, RonDup said:

Front wheel bearings are back in production and in stock at the parts vendors.  The outer bearings are a little pricey, but good quality.

Good to hear! I hope this is a sign of a few other things becoming available again?

On 4/21/2024 at 6:51 AM, Jeff Perkins / Mn said:

I was shopping for an improved Ford Touring (1926-27) last fall.  I had a choice of several nice ones under 10K, all within 250 miles of my home. There are many out there, this one is priced way at the upper end.

It's always interesting how location comes into play. Folks within 300 miles of my domicile in Michigan put them up for sale around 15k for the most part. Nearly all are middle of the road examples that should be sub $10k cars at most. Moving down to the local $10k asking price and you get cars that don't run or are poorly restored. Everything seems to be priced 2X around here and they just sit for sale week after week. I wouldn't mind another T to drive around while I finish my '26 but not at the $$$ fishing expeditions I see posted on the marketplace. I do see the occasional exception of a decent fairly priced T but at an ever decreasing rate.

Edited by Lahti35 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On 4/21/2024 at 1:40 AM, zepher said:

Are the front wheel bearings that much of a pain to do that the seller isn't going to bother with them?

Makes me wonder what else he is skimping on when it comes to basic maintenance.

It takes about 25 minutes per side...if you take your time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1