1937 Cadillac coupe, not mine.

Sure looks like this would be a beautiful car when finished, but this car needs everything. A fat wallet is required for this project. I learned my lesson with my Buick. 

• Like 3

In 1983 I found the twin to this for a coworker who paid the seller $6,000 at that time.

Jim spent 10 years into his retirement rebuilding the car himself with the exception of spraying the final paint and plating.

It was the only car he ever did but he was a perfectionist who loved a challenge, needed to stay busy all the time, it turned out beautiful.... 

Very nice cars, worth the work.

Interesting it only has one taillight.  By 1937 I would have thought Cadillac had 2 taillights on everything, including its lower priced models like this one.  Or perhaps it was filled in, but it doesn’t look to be.  

Edited by K8096 (see edit history)

The bones appear solid, but as Mike says, it will take someone with a very fat wallet to fully restore this car.  There's no indication of the last time the car ran, but it appears from the photos to have been many years ago.  After spending $100K, you would have a very nice car worth about half that much.  There was a guy in my neighborhood years ago with one of these -- a beautifully preserved original in top shape.  I always admired that car.  The Caddy dash in '37 was particularly attractive.

Also, it says it's a Cadillac, but if you look at the steering wheel you can see that it's actually a Ford! 😜 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, K8096 said:

Interesting it only has one taillight.  By 1937 I would have thought Cadillac had 2 taillights on everything, including its lower priced models like this one.  Or perhaps it was filled in, but it doesn’t look to be.  

My LaSalle has the same taillights, and the light on this one looks like it's mounted too low. As though it didn't have taillights at all, and someone put one back. I've never seen one without two lights.

Maybe too good for a parts car, but a lot of work to do.