'48 Roadmaster Convertible Dynaflow script location?

Hi, 

I was measuring the length of the front fender molding and noticed when looking at the Roadmaster script above the molding that it is not a Roadmaster script but a Dynaflow script!? So I think it's in the wrong place...
Now I wonder where car has a place for the Dynaflow script?

14 minutes ago, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

On the back fender

Ben

Thanks Ben,

but there are no holes to script, I didn't find any sign that there were either...

I've looked at several pictures of the car online, but I haven't found where the Dynaflow -script is, maybe just looked wrong pics?

/Timo

Oddly enough images I've found online show the chrome Dynaflow script being on the front fender (probably where yours is) when present. When not there the rear trunk ornament (may have turn sign signals or lights in it???) has Dyna Flow as part of the red plastic in each half respectively (when a manual transmission this is Buick Eight). Sounds like yours is as it should be. 1949 shows the Dynaflow script on the read fender only with Buick Eight in the trunk ornament.

Some examples from the internet below.  Looks like "Roadmaster" on the left fender and "DynaFlow" on the right, as you seem to have noticed.

1948 Buick Roadmaster | S81 | Denver 2015

1948 Buick Roadmaster | Connors Motorcar Company

1948 Buick Roadmaster Convertible | T88.1 | Monterey 2016

A lot of people have switched the locations over the years for whatever reason, giving rise to confusion.  But the correct locations are Roadmaster to front, Dynaflow to the rear.

24 minutes ago, 48BuickRoadConv said:

I haven't seen any '48 models with Dynaflow script online, but several '49 models with Dynaflow script on the rear fender.

I also looked in a few of these sales brochures and couldn't find the Dynalof script in any of them

You're right, I was mostly referring to '49's, but also reflecting on the Roadmaster always being up front, 48 and 49, and not Dynaflow.  I think in '48, Dynaflow was just on trunk lenses, but nevertheless to the rear.  Also, referencing another comment above, in '49 if you had Dynaflow, you got rear fender badges and Dynaflow trunk lenses.  Trunk lenses saying Buick Eight were only for stick cars.

• Thanks 1