1970 Jaguar XKE, not mine.

40 minutes ago, Leif in Calif said:

Seems pretty close to "too good to be true" territory. 

Depends.   I would generally agree with you but if the frame is rotted and it is a late series II with an automatic it isn't worth as much as you would think.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We may never know, but it is a “buyer beware”.  

the hood scoop in the bonnet gives you pause wondering what is really going on with the car. 

that is so cheap, that my first reaction is “scam”, but I’m not so sure......as AJ says, if it is problematic, it isn’t a deal at 8500 unless parts are worth that and stripped off. These aren’t traditional body on frame or even the familiar type of monocoque.....  think of an erector  set because the cage that makes up the front end is atypical and more critical than a new Jaguar buyer might appreciate.  
the saying “there is nothing more expensive than a cheap...........” certainly applies to etypes. 

a decent #3 driver 70 roadster can be had for 75K....... a bad engine, rusty, trashed interior, with structural problems can’t be made right for 75K even if it is given to you for free........ but it doesn’t keep people from dreaming and trying. 

if anybody learns what happens to this, post and let us know. I have had one, so I am always interested in following them.

• Like 2