Swap meets in Portland next week (Portland Expo meet is Friday, Saturday and Sunday. 4/5-4/7)

Two meets at basically the same time and place.

The Portland Expo meet is Friday, Saturday and Sunday. 4/5-4/7

The Portland International Raceway swap meet is Thursday, Friday and Saturday. 4/4-4/6

These two meets are very near to each other but are totally different.

They do co-op busses and parking.

To my friends here on the forum I am inviting you to drop by and introduce yourselves.

I am at the PIR meet in space 2011A, it's in the chicane past the west end of the drag strip.

Wear your walking shoes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JACK M said:

Two meets at basically the same time and place.

The Portland Expo meet is Friday, Saturday and Sunday. 4/5-4/7

The Portland International Raceway swap meet is Thursday, Friday and Saturday. 4/4-4/6

These two meets are very near to each other but are totally different.

They do co-op busses and parking.

To my friends here on the forum I am inviting you to drop by and introduce yourselves.

I am at the PIR meet in space 2011A, it's in the chicane past the west end of the drag strip.

Wear your walking shoes.

AND a raincoat.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to Swap meets in Portland next week (Portland Expo meet is Friday, Saturday and Sunday. 4/5-4/7)
17 hours ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

Main buildings were about 50% empty last year. Large decline in vendors inside and outside, at the Expo center.

I agree, one of my runnin buddies gave up his 8 spaces this year.

He heard rumors that they are going to close off the west end, which is where he was.

But was mostly because he and his partners are aging out.

The Expo is much more difficult to deal with as You have to leave at closing, no camping.

They also are very picky about anything non-automotive.

I was told that PIR was sold out.

• Like 1

I don't recall just what he got reemed for, it might have been he had several of those old cafe booth juke box controllers.

Might have been a lawnmower.

What ever it was he thought it was rediculess.

9 minutes ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

Can't be to picky about non automotive, parts of the buildings looked like a flee market. I would still go if in the area, don't really need anything. Fun going to swap meets, you just never know what could be there.

Stop on by for a minute or two if you get down my way again.

18 minutes ago, JACK M said:

I don't recall just what he got reemed for, it might have been he had several of those old cafe booth juke box controllers.

Might have been a lawnmower.

What ever it was he thought it was rediculess.

Stop on by for a minute or two if you get down my way again.

Look for this motorhome and trailer....

IMG_4759 (2).JPG

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

I remember that day Jack. I'm in my same space 2314 inside the back gate just past the Y. I almost got everything loaded today. It's spring vacation for my grandson who just turned 10. This will be his 5th swap meet. We used to be at Expo and moved down some 30 years ago just for the camping on the track. The only advantage of Expo is the inside spaces for the 55% of the time it rains there. Looks like another wet one. It's all fun. See you there.

Jim S

22 hours ago, keiser31 said:

Look for this motorhome and trailer....

IMG_4759 (2).JPG

Good shot John, its kind of a regular thing to get stuck trying to back out.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Swear57 said:

I remember that day Jack. I'm in my same space 2314 inside the back gate just past the Y. I almost got everything loaded today. It's spring vacation for my grandson who just turned 10. This will be his 5th swap meet. We used to be at Expo and moved down some 30 years ago just for the camping on the track. The only advantage of Expo is the inside spaces for the 55% of the time it rains there. Looks like another wet one. It's all fun. See you there.

Jim S

Yup, I can't seem to get out of my own way. LOL

I will be seeing you there Jim.

Unfortunately, John K. won't be making the trip this year.  Look forward to next year.