1955 Cadillac Coupe DeVille - $25,000

Looks nice....(more pics in ad) 

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/d/woodland-hills-1955-cadillac-coupe/7724180611.html

1955 Cadillac Coupé De Ville, very straight Honest, good paint that is approx. 22 years old, not perfect, complete brightwork, chrome, and all accessories, Motor has just been serviced w rebuilt carb, fuel lines, tank, fluids, wheels cylinders, brakes, and a complete rebuilt trans, interior is new including seats w correct Cadillac material, new carpet, June padding, door panels, and dash. All power items are working. (818) 481-2200

00P0P_1o72ihuJSyC_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00p0p_9dWM78pX60O_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00n0n_daOHFS5CeA4_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00j0j_5JV8CYNFBVp_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

• Like 4

What's the juice can on the heater box do? Six volt electricals in '55, or 12V?

Unfortunate choices for carpet color and window trim/dash/steering wheel color, too.

Seat upholstery doesn't seem to match anything, either. Package tray carpeted?

Engine bay is clean, but exterior paint needs to be polished, driver's side rear bumper tip, re-chromed.

THEN, someone might, at least, consider the asking price.

00y0y_4wCmEf1jPAw_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00j0j_5JV8CYNFBVp_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00p0p_9dWM78pX60O_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

12 hours ago, Charlie Petty said:

The juice can, I would think, is for vacuum wiper reserve, which is a real good idea.  Can't believe how long Cadillac used vacuum wipers- til '59 or '60, I think. 

The '59 Ford I learned to drive in had vacuum wipers. I vividly remember them stopping when I floored it to pull out and pass a truck in the rain. Just when you need them most! 

This 1955 Cadillac did not sell on Ebay at $27K OBO. There were some more detailed pics there showing some small holes and flaws in the headliner, a few rust bubbles in the body and maybe some brightwork that has lost some of its luster. To the seller's credit I feel he gave an accurate description of the car he was selling in the ads. BTW the first year Cadillac used 12 volt electrics was 1953. 

Edited by The 55er
Added last sentence. (see edit history)

Yeah, they can ask what they want and typically any normal 1950's 2 door hardtop is advertised in that $20,000 to $32,000 range.  I doubt we ever know what this one sells for.  

It seems to me that these nice cars you can get in and enjoy, but that will never be restored, "should be" $15,000 tops.  It's the world we live in that they can ask too much.  

I dearly love these '54-'56 Cadillacs, but I don't think that I'll ever buy another one. I love the way they look, they just epitomize what a Cadillac should look like. I had a '56 and a '57. My '56 barely fit in my garage and I don't think that I would enjoy the driving experience anymore. At what these cost now, it's not something that you would buy on a lark.

• Like 1

Looks like a nice driver.  But Cadillacs are too big and expensive for me! GLWTS