1921 Mack truck, not mine.

3 hours ago, theconvertibleguy said:

The last two pics look more like a 50's truck

The Sterling trucks continued to use chain drive into the 1940s.  Several are in a heavy equipment parts yard about 1/2 mile from me.  The chain drive makes them desirable and of course the early Macks have a huge following in the antique truck community.

Edited by TerryB (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I love it, "these are worth $10k, buy them before I take $1k at the scrap yard".  🤪  I did know a guy that was just that way though, and very much did crush several cars when people didn't pay his price.  yeesh!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NC-car-guy said:

I love it, "these are worth $10k, buy them before I take $1k at the scrap yard".  🤪  I did know a guy that was just that way though, and very much did crush several cars when people didn't pay his price.  yeesh!

There was a guy that would post videos of himself cutting trans ams up with a sawzall into quarters. Laughing and carrying on about it. Very much a waste. But I figured in the long run only made my car more valuable, LOL. 

I would hate to see these go to the crusher but in reality if the guy has to get rid of them and no one ponies up then he may not have a choice. My local scrap yard has a couple of really cool old shovels/cranes in front of their shop. I figured just as this, they were taken to the crusher and someone had the sense to put them off to the side and NOT crush them. There may be hope yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TAKerry said:

There was a guy that would post videos of himself cutting trans ams up with a sawzall into quarters. Laughing and carrying on about it. Very much a waste. But I figured in the long run only made my car more valuable, LOL. 

I would hate to see these go to the crusher but in reality if the guy has to get rid of them and no one ponies up then he may not have a choice. My local scrap yard has a couple of really cool old shovels/cranes in front of their shop. I figured just as this, they were taken to the crusher and someone had the sense to put them off to the side and NOT crush them. There may be hope yet.

No doubt if they need to move, they need to move.  Hopefully he's willing to negotiate price to see them go to a non-crusher home.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NC-car-guy said:

Think all of us know at least one person like this. Usually the same ones that wonder why everyone looks at them like they were rejected for the position of village idiot for being overqualified

• Haha 1