1941 Lincoln Continental Cabriolet - $16,000

Does this seem a little too good?

https://lascruces.craigslist.org/cto/d/dona-ana-1941-lincoln-continental/7713961828.html

Spode Green exterior, green leather interior, rebuilt 292ci L-head V12 and 3 speed manual transmission. Features include four-wheel hydraulic drum brakes, a tan soft top, a rear-mounted spare tire, and an AM radio.
txt anytime
2five2- 2.eight.5- Six'8'Seven Eight

00p0p_liGKcWKopnG_0x20m1_600x450.jpg00Z0Z_dpTnPo1Re86_0x20m1_600x450.jpg00y0y_dnC9HCs1KdS_0x20m1_600x450.jpg00000_6qlGZF4JDMf_0x20m1_600x450.jpg1941 Lincoln Continental Cabriolet 1

• Like 3

Okay this one is suspicious. The car sold on BAT for $47,000 a year ago and now it's for sale for $16,000?  No pen burn here; I would want to know the whole story behind the big price drop.  Mind you the location is very close to the boarder.  It just does not add up! 

6 minutes ago, deac said:

Okay this one is suspicious. The car sold on BAT for $47,000 a year ago and now it's for sale for $16,000?  No pen burn here; I would want to know the whole story behind the big price drop.  Mind you the location is very close to the boarder.  It just does not add up! 

It’s not for sale deac. Not a real ad. 

The scammers steal someone else's photos from a prior sale ad or just off any website or FB page and create a for sale ad to get you to send them a deposit or money to ship it to you and you can pay them the balance when it arrives, looking for gullible fools who will fall for the their trap. As an example, ironically just yesterday a person who had created a fake Facebook profile tried to join and post a car for sale ad to an Antique Studebaker Owners group I'm the Admin for. The car in question just happened to be one I preciously owned, sold to a good friend, and he restored. The individual who made the fake profile and was trying to pass himself off as the seller of the car was not from America but in fact from the African nation of Cameroon. Besides the fact that I recognized the car, he was trying to sell it to me for $3,000 which is obviously far under market value for a 100pt body off restoration. I played with him a while back and forth in the conversation and until he agreed to sell me the car for $1,500 (but all I had to do was initially pay for the cost of shipping) anyway, I played with him some more, then eventually told him I had traced his location through his I.P. address back to the African Nation of Cameroon and that I would be turning the conversation and his contact info over to the Interpol and FBI's CyberCrimes units and he'd probably get his grass hut raided and be arrested by the end of the week ....lol. So like the old saying goes, if it's too good to be true then it is, and in this instance, the scammer picked the wrong guys best friend to try to use his photos to sell a car to. Attached are just a few screen shots of my conversation with the scammer.

Screenshot_20240213_212036_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20240213_214844_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20240213_222140_Messenger.jpg

• Like 1