1927 Stutz Vertical Eight Sedan $75K

I know all Stutz are not created equal, and this is probably not a competitive price, but I do love the Stutz style! 

Ad is just a bunch of blather...don't they think Stutz buyers know anything? 

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/listing/1927-stutz-vertical-eight-boise-id-2717363?utm_medium=email&utm_source=saved_search&utm_campaign=2024-02-12&uemlid=5c52623cdf01c39cebf1f9966b2e8670a226918da0306e2d4b2032cdc6ca47ec

1927 Stutz Vertical Eight Sedan
$75,100
Significant drop in price!  
Beautiful classic sedan that looks great in and out.
Lives in the high desert environment- dry and warm.
Expertly rebuilt and nurtured. Great lines.  Runs softly.
Operates on the airport and is otherwise carried in trailer.
Opens eyes and brings back memories - even if you are a child
This is what most people "remember" when they think of a "Classic Car"!
You can join the parade.

1927 Stutz Vertical Eight Sedan128479564.jpg128479492.jpg128479572.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AdamInNH said:

image.png.1ce2ff1ac3ee54702b0cd31fe026243d.png
What is this canister? Oil filter?

oil rectifier.   It boils the impurities out of the oil with heat from the exhaust manifold.  Most people don’t actually run the oil through them anymore.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

That’s a cool car, I like it. I don’t know anybody that loves the classic era that wouldn’t enjoy having this car in the garage. Standard bodies of closed cars from this era, even on great platforms, seem to struggle to achieve a price like this, but what do I know, they only need one person to be the buyer.

Edited by John Bloom (see edit history)
  • Like 1

The price is still has a way to go, but coming down on that one. A clean example, the advertisement omits all pertinent details...like what gearing it has. Think some had super slow gearing, you could have a Stutz that won't out run a model A. Also, it doesn't have a particularly special bit of coachwork. All that said, as another person posted, I'd love to load the family up and drive that all over.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, K8096 said:

oil rectifier.   It boils the impurities out of the oil with heat from the exhaust manifold.  Most people don’t actually run the oil through them anymore.  

That's really interesting! I would be concerned that overheating the oil would break down the lubricant qualities. Not a problem for modern synthetics, but seems like a bad idea in 1927, when oil could have been castor-based. Perhaps it only got hot enough to drive out moisture? 

• Like 1