60 Buick torture test

abandg

Thanks, there was a youtube on this, very interesting and especially so for Nailhead people.

So, the re-fueling mule had a large fuel tank where the rear seat was. But, the test Invicta had a stock fuel tank with that rear wing supporting an interface coupling? 20 US Gallons?

I recall a VW commercial where a driver had to pull over to relieve himself at a public washroom before his VW needed a re-fill. Not so with the 1960 Nailhead test at Daytona.

Even with rotating drivers, a single shift would outlast the Invicta's fuel capacity. So, in my opinion, the notoriously famous gas guzzling Nailhead has a failing grade right there!

I know, I know, a high speed circuit. Still . . . . . .

Or Family torture test to our 1960 Black Lesabre, was my sister Claire putting bite marks in between every line on the sculptured divider on the glove box!  She was three at the time.  My Dad had a heart attack!

s-l1600.jpg

• Haha 1

My family story about a Buick torture test didn’t turn out well.  There’s a street named Crescent Street in Hutchinson for a reason.  My brother paid no attention to the name or the street. Somehow he wound up rolling dad’s 63 LeSabre on his way to school. Claims he was not racing.  

Looks like Jim Donnelly needs to explore the definition of torture.

Reminds me of a friend who told me about a doctor asking about his pain on a scale of 1 to 10. My friend asked "Am I right with the idea of being shot in the shoulder with an M 16 as a 10?"

My '60 Electra takes Mcadam and dirt with ease. 100 MPH cars all day long.

003.JPG.21c6fad01a0c81d9d41c098ea7407720.JPG

• Like 2

22 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

Looks like Jim Donnelly needs to explore the definition of torture.

Reminds me of a friend who told me about a doctor asking about his pain on a scale of 1 to 10. My friend asked "Am I right with the idea of being shot in the shoulder with an M 16 as a 10?"

My '60 Electra takes Mcadam and dirt with ease. 100 MPH cars all day long.

003.JPG.21c6fad01a0c81d9d41c098ea7407720.JPG

You should get a picture of the dust cloud from inside the car, looking back at it as it happens.  To evaluate the air flow around the car, which comes together behind the car.  With somebody else riding with you doing the photography.