1965 Build sheet for a GS

Deanoko

Other than the one shown in this auction, I’ve only ever seen one other full 65 Riv build sheet (besides the one for my car). I saved the photo of the one in the auction, so I could study it. FYI, I actually made working keys from my build sheet..not sure they should be posting the key codes. 

NoKeysBuildSheet.jpeg.e0897611a20d8da6f8c065bcb3313972.jpeg

2 hours ago, ericisback said:

Other than the one shown in this auction, I’ve only ever seen one other full 65 Riv build sheet (besides the one for my car). I saved the photo of the one in the auction, so I could study it. FYI, I actually made working keys from my build sheet..not sure they should be posting the key codes. 

NoKeysBuildSheet.jpeg.e0897611a20d8da6f8c065bcb3313972.jpeg

On the first one that was posted, there was a 7 in the chrome wheel/wheel cover box.  In this one there is an X in the same box.  Does anyone know which code is for which cover/wheel?

1 hour ago, RivNut said:

On the first one that was posted, there was a 7 in the chrome wheel/wheel cover box.  In this one there is an X in the same box.  Does anyone know which code is for which cover/wheel?

The decoding info I have shows that “9” is the standard wheel covers, “X” is for chrome wheels. I don’t have any notes about “7”. 

On 2/9/2024 at 5:13 PM, ericisback said:

I’ll try to find my photo of the other ones. 

Here is a photo of the only other full build sheet I have seen for a 65:

OtherBuildSheets2.png.fa601be2b957e0ff5c570cac175a91aa.png

I have also seen one partial one before:

OtherBuildSheets1.jpeg.faca1df9442e4c4076f4071642d1ea43.jpeg

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Deanoko said:

My 64 is a very original 1 owner car (prior to me).  I'm wondering where the slip is located.  It was not under the rear seat.  Maybe above the gas tank? 

Mine was under the dash, above the steering column. However, the most common narrative is that Buick did their best to make sure that miscellaneous “trash” like the build sheet was removed from the cars representing their high-end model, in a new model year. 

• Like 2