Over the axle body mount cups

RivNut

Most of us who have been around 1st generation Rivieras for some time are aware of the rust problems with the body mount cups and trunk floors where rust develops from leaking rear windows.  I was looking at Google images for something and ran across this site and thread that deals with the restoration of a 1964 Riviera.  

Page 3 of the thread includes what this guy did to make new pieces for the cups and the trunk floor.  Maybe this will help someone.

Ed

http://www.spiuserforum.com/index.php?threads/1964-buick-riviera.7251/page-6

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Got my attention, too!.

It was encouraging to see the Finish Line shirt. I bought a pair of those guns to do my '64. Now, if only...

I think I will print that whole project out and keep it by my easy chair. Thank you.

• Haha 1

Fitzee does a nice job showing how to fabricate a body mount from scratch. Granted, the man is master in his craft. Might provide inspiration for some.  

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, MrAG Riv said:

Fitzee does a nice job showing how to fabricate a body mount from scratch. Granted, the man is master in his craft. Might provide inspiration for some.  

Well worth watching.  After piecing everything together, the finished mount looks like a factory stamping. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, drhach said:

he makes it look easy.

Some years ago a friend attended a modern car brake service seminar hosted by a national marque club. When he returned I asked him how the seminar went. He replied "Not so good, I still think I can do them myself".

• Haha 2

On 1/24/2024 at 6:19 AM, RivNut said:

Most of us who have been around 1st generation Rivieras for some time are aware of the rust problems with the body mount cups and trunk floors where rust develops from leaking rear windows.  I was looking at Google images for something and ran across this site and thread that deals with the restoration of a 1964 Riviera.  

Page 3 of the thread includes what this guy did to make new pieces for the cups and the trunk floor.  Maybe this will help someone.

Ed

http://www.spiuserforum.com/index.php?threads/1964-buick-riviera.7251/page-6

I have been missing for days caught up in this thread Ed. For anyone to achieve all that as one man is a great achievement to his ability. The Time and skill to get such a result in so many areas is  applauded.👏👏👏 wow would love to see it! Is he plugged into this forum? If not he should be…

Thanks for sharing 

• Like 2

On 1/30/2024 at 5:05 AM, Dundee said:

I have been missing for days caught up in this thread Ed. For anyone to achieve all that as one man is a great achievement to his ability. The Time and skill to get such a result in so many areas is  applauded.👏👏👏 wow would love to see it! Is he plugged into this forum? If not he should be…

Thanks for sharing 

I don’t think he is on here. I found him on YouTube and enjoy watching him ply his craft.  His explanation of how to use the most basic tools and the logic he lays out to achieve the result is truly impressive. Man has the patience of a saint and the skill of a surgeon.