1979 Ford F-350, not mine.

2 hours ago, Gearheadengineer said:

Is this legit? Seems like a steal for what could be a cool tow vehicle or whatever. 

Lots of nice older trucks in good condition out west - particularly in suburban locales where hauling groceries home was their main job. Even many heavily-used pickups are maintained in near pristine condition. (higher mileage but appear near new)

Not unusual and not a scam. 

1979 is a great year for Ford trucks. I miss my 77 F-250, put a 1969, 429 thunder jet engine in it. Fun to stomp on the gas pedal, until you had to put more gas in the tanks. The 79 listed will find a buyer. That 460 will love the gas station.

347BEB50-FE03-4107-81A7-56401168AFEF.jpeg

• Like 3

I disagree with the price is right statements previously made.  That roof rust on the left side is not only on the roof itself but it's beneath the rubber windshield molding as well down the left rain gutter.  The seller also states there is a bed liner used; might there something lurking under that as well  I think the bench seat has been reupholstered and the craftsmanship might be good but the design on of the material used is too loud for my tastes; it looks like a candy shop in there

Edited by deac (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Its def. not mint condition and the worst thing you can do for a bed is put in a bed liner. I would bet you a nickle there is rust underneath.

I have to reconsider and agree that the price is probably on the very high side for condition. Earlier trucks will get a bit more money. Also being heavy duty I think may take a bit of the value away.  My first vehicle was a 65 f100, had a 67 f100, 79 f100, 83 f100, etc. As far as 'old cars' go I can pass on anything thats a truck at this point. 2016 is the oldest truck I want to own at this point, LOL.