For Sale: 1928 Dodge Brothers Fast Four Series 128 Coupe - Project - $8,600 - Wadsworth, OH - Not Mine - SOLD!!!

For Sale: 1928 Dodge Brothers Fast Four Series 128 Coupe - Project - $8,600 - Wadsworth, OH - SOLD!!!
1928 Dodge Bros for sale by owner - Wadsworth, OH - craigslist
Seller's Description:

1928 Dodge Brothers Coupe. This car has been stored and not driven since 1959. The eviction of a family of mice from the intake manifold and #4 cylinder resulted in a new head gasket and disassembly and cleaning of the fuel system. The only non-original parts are the new tires, plugs and wires and fan bushing. All lights including braking and dash lights work. The original 12-hour clock has been wound tight but is repairable. The cigarette lighter, oil, amp, temp gauges work. The paint and pin striping are all original and the only rust is surface rust in the trunk which is visible in the pics. This is a rare piece and as original as I have seen. It starts, stops and drives as a 1928 car would. All fluids have been flushed and changed. Selling for a friend but will answer questions as required.
Copy and paste in your email: 36ab7684a39e373d82d0e75d92d5a1fa@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1928 Dodge Brothers Fast Four Series 128 Coupe - Project.

'28 Dodge Bros oh a.jpg

'28 Dodge Bros oh b.jpg

'28 Dodge Bros oh c.jpg

'28 Dodge Bros oh d.jpg

'28 Dodge Bros oh e.jpg

'28 Dodge Bros oh f.jpg

'28 Dodge Bros oh g.jpg

'28 Dodge Bros oh h.jpg

'28 Dodge Bros oh i.jpg

'28 Dodge Bros oh j.jpg

'28 Dodge Bros oh k.jpg

'28 Dodge Bros oh l.jpg

'28 Dodge Bros oh m.jpg

'28 Dodge Bros oh ma.jpg

'28 Dodge Bros oh n.jpg

'28 Dodge Bros oh o.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
SOLD!!! (see edit history)
  • Like 6

This is the very end of Dodge 4 cylinder Dodges. Production of the 6 started in February 1928 and the 4 ceased on July 27. Dodge never had a "Red Head"...that was a Chrysler idea. I'm not up on the timing of chassis improvements, but I believe this is the last of the rear wheel brake cars too.  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I now own this car.  The red-painted head was an "oopsie"; a mechanic friend of the previous owner pulled the head to replace the head gasket, and before reinstalling the head he did the owner a "favor" and painted the head red.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, danritz said:

I now own this car.  The red-painted head was an "oopsie"; a mechanic friend of the previous owner pulled the head to replace the head gasket, and before reinstalling the head he did the owner a "favor" and painted the head red.

Congrats, Dan. It looks like a pretty solid buy. 

Please keep us posted, three and five window coupes are always a favorite...

Dave

6 hours ago, danritz said:

Congratulations on your new acquisition!  Please tell us about it when you have it in your garage and your progress reactivating it. 

BTW, did you find through the 'Not Mine' forum?

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1928 Dodge Brothers Fast Four Series 128 Coupe - Project - $8,600 - Wadsworth, OH - Not Mine - SOLD!!!