Eastwood high temp exhaust manifold coating

Just wanted to see if any of you ever used the Eastwood high temp exhaust manifold coating spray on your exhaust manifolds or headers. If so, how did it or didn't it hold up to the heat. Looking for something not too expensive, but effective for headers. Other options????

I use hardware store barbeque grill paint.  

Once I even used white grille paint and it lasted 7 years on the exhaust manifolds.

On the last car, I wrapped the exhaust system with exhaust wrap and used several cans to hold the wrap tightly together, worked like a dream!

image.png.eea8acf83b64df43963e8e158a95255a.png

I have used the Eastwood exhaust manifold coating on many of my cars, it works great!  Shake the can well prior to application, it has a lot of suspended solids in it.  No need to spray, just wire brush the manifold to remove the loose stuff and brush on the coating.  Brush marks don't show and it lasts for years.  You can touch up spots with a brush and it will blend together with the old stuff.  Like most manifold coatings, it smokes a bit on the first startup, but settles right down and gives good service after that.  :)

gtx_engine_on_dolly.jpg

Edited by cudaman (see edit history)
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, joe_padavano said:

This is another one of those questions where if you ask 20 people, you'll get 30 different answers. I've had good results with KBS.

image.png.3f03b5f8d37ce0466ff03feb5c116ee6.png

I have used The KBS Coatings XTC on my 1929 & 1930 great results and still looks great !!
prep is key as is following the curing directions ! and these guys have great customer support and help

I Used the xTreme Primer and the xTreme Jet Black Matte both in the rattle can :)

20160628_181748.jpg

20170323_183746.jpg

20220212_194247.jpg

Edited by BearsFan315 (see edit history)
  • Like 2