1965 Riviera - New Black Rubber Floor Mats (Cars)

Brtele

It is within the realm of possibility that without Glenn C at CARS back in the 80s I would have given up trying to find Riviera parts and sold the Riv and bought a mainstream car. Their booth was the most welcomed site at the big Carlisle swapmeets. Their printed paper catalog was well worn and treasured tool for the hobby.

• Like 4

I'll counter by saying I have been a CARS customer since the days of the stapled together catalog. Have plenty of receipts both big and small. Ordered 63-65 repro radiator caps several times over the years, the most recent one was the wrong one ( per me and an original radiator). They said i have the wrong radiator. I sent it back to them, told them keep it and stick it wherever they might find pleasure. A couple months later they sent the right cap.

Thought I would give them another chance a year or two later and bought their "Made in USA" power steering pump hose.  "Singsung" printed on the hose when it arrived. I even wrote a thread here about it here.

The last few times dealing with them have been piss poor. Enough so that though it makes my projects more time consuming, I use other sources. Enough so that I'll take 5 minutes out of my day to write this.

Be upfront when you make a mistake. Everybody makes them. Don't lie and say Made in USA when it's overseas parts. Customer service matters.

Steve M ROA9236 BCA41591

Edited by gungeey (see edit history)
  • Like 1