Help identify outback engine

JB1913

The Studebaker ED series was as dictator27 says the six cylinder model around 1915/'16, also known by their "series" numbers of series 16 or series 17 or 18. It (and its companion four cylinder) didn't look much like that engine at all. The intake and exhaust were on the same side, not the intake run through the block (to preheat the vaporized fuel) as this engine is. Also, Studebaker did not go to the removeable head until later in the 1910s.

I am not familiar enough with early Dodge automobiles. However I do not think this is a Dodge four. They did run the intake through the block to preheat the fuel vapors and had a removeable head that early, however, if memory serves still, I believe the intake and exhaust sides were flipped from this motor.

I don't recognize it offhand. But I have seen so many engines of that era. The mid 1910s had most companies switching from cast in pairs and threes blocks to single units as well as adding removeable heads, that there were so many variations those years. This one looks somewhat familiar (I know I have seen that raised intake casting on the side of the block before!), but I cannot place it.