Santa is driving a car on his rounds - images from my antique postcard collection

Terry Bond

Getting in the Christmas spirit a bit here.  Looking through my collection of antique automobile related Christmas cards, there are a number featuring Santa behind the wheel.   Thought you'd enjoy. 

Santaearlyauto.jpg.822604e592626ba2b7c8d33f05fca112.jpg

Santa hold to light.jpg

Santa in a snowball fight Christmas greetings card.jpg

Santa driving a blue car.jpg

Santa in blue auto.jpg

Santa Christmas card.jpg

Santa driving 5.JPG

Santas in red and blue.jpg

Santa driving in red suit.JPG

Santa drives a gold car with toys.JPG

• Like 18
  • Thanks 10

The story is the reindeer went on strike in November 1965, hard on the heels of the 1965 Northeast Blackout. 

Being greatly inconvenienced by both, Mr Claus went to his nearby Oldsmobile dealer and bought a new 1966 Toronado, which went through snow so well the reindeer were no longer needed and found themselves out of a job. Efficiency and all...

🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rocketraider said:

The story is the reindeer went on strike in November 1965, hard on the heels of the 1965 Northeast Blackout. 

Being greatly inconvenienced by both, Mr Claus went to his nearby Oldsmobile dealer and bought a new 1966 Toronado, which went through snow so well the reindeer were no longer needed.

🙂

Yes, and Rudolph was shoved in the trunk with his head hanging out for a tail light!!

• Haha 2

Larson was a genius with the absurd. Shame he never produced any holiday cards to go with the Far Side cube calendars- which a friend gave me for Christmas for years.

I've gotten a couple cards this year with vehicles on them. Nothing as fine, fancy or detailed as Terry's antique cards, but nice to receive anyway.

I usually keep AACA cards around but when I sat down to do cards this year, occurred to me that I forgot to order any this year and used all I had last year. Meh.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, hook said:

Me thinks this happens alot!!!!!!!!!

By the way, this is not photo shopped. It's a real plane and all the props are real. I took the photo several years ago just outside St. Micheals, MD. There was maybe a dozen or so others taking pictures too. The guy that does this does, does crazy things every year.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...