1936 Oldsmobile F36 - $9,500 (Coachella CA) Not Mine

Not mine I have no connection with the sale of this 1936 Oldsmobile

https://palmsprings.craigslist.org/cto/d/coachella-1936-oldsmobile-f36/7686928181.html

Selling a 1936 Oldsmobile F36 four (4) door sedan. The car shares the same body style and some interchangeable parts with other 1936 GM cars (Chevrolet, Pontiac, Buick).

The Olds was in the process of being restored, but has sat for 4-5 years. The car odometer reads 44,197 miles (not sure if they are accurate), but will require fluids to be flushed and brakes serviced to get back on the road. The body is very straight and includes all the trim, Trippe passing lights, and original artillery wheels and hubcaps. The paint is decent (has scratches / chips) and can be driven as is or restored. The car is definitely a head turner and will set you apart from the other cars at the shows! Don't pass up the opportunity to own an Oldsmobile, they are becoming more sought after. Asking $9500 OBO.

The last three photos are examples of what the car can look like when restored (or destroyed?).

Note:  I choose not  to post these images.

00p0p_JSodTwwY5d_0ft0bD_1200x900.jpg

00M0M_ajztDF6v34V_0fv0bC_1200x900.jpg

00Y0Y_bbepm3DpWKq_0fk0bC_1200x900.jpg

00L0L_hV1u2Pny2td_0fz0bC_1200x900.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 7th Son said:

Is that '37 Ford sedan (recently posted) worth 4 times the price of this Oldsmobile?

Is this Oldsmobile worth $9,500?

Neither.

Olds is a sharp car. Maybe $9500 if it ran good.

Ford is a joke. I think ‘37 Fords have great style, but a fordor is the bottom of the barrel value-wise, and this one’s a pile.

• Like 1

I bet this car would be a little more desirable if the seller broke up the black: S/S beauty rings on the wheels or a set of wide white tires or is it possible the running boards are missing the S/S trim strip on the edge?  Also the seller should clean up the driver's footwell. Those big driving light don't help the look of the car. The lights are actually bigger than the headlights; isn't it supposed to be the other way around?

Edited by deac (see edit history)

5 hours ago, deac said:

Those big driving light don't help the look of the car. The lights are actually bigger than the headlights; isn't it supposed to be the other way around?

Well, bigger is better if you want to actually get usable light out of them, and the list of units that were available in the mid 30s is remarkably short. The trouble is the charging system probably cannot keep up with them and the headlights too. That was true of almost all cars of the period. Usually when you see pictures in period of a car with an accessory light, there is only one. Of course once in a while you see a pair but it is rare. I agree this car would look much better without them.

Also, I see an accessory signal light switch, but no signal lights. That's kind of weird.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1