Not Mine - 1913 Cadillac for Sale in Ware, MA - $6000

I have no affiliation with the car or listing. 

More from the same location/seller. Seller seems very optimistic on pricing for all of these cars. 

Listing Info:

"In storage for many years, correct Cadillac rearend included but not shown.  Open to reasonable offers.  This vehicle is being sold on a notarized bill of sale.

-Contact us directly at: +1-860-782-1554 

-Follow us on Instagram and Facebook at: Simko Motorcars or #simkomotorcars."

Listing Link: https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/cadillac/unspecified/2749565.html

image.png.cca2e88d8e06aeaef67d9683698afd36.pngimage.png.df7ec9359a91001d2836922cebb68469.pngimage.png.e0143607c129a218018e2dbb38e4d179.png

image.png.b61f4480f476216724dc8879823c6c56.pngimage.png.96228d7694e1430253e9ca9f4274a7fa.pngimage.png.29f7f12ce4532490d7a99052a533f566.png

9 minutes ago, TAKerry said:

I know nothing about these kind of cars, but is there really anything there worth close to the asking?

I don't believe so - some more knowledgeable than me may know better. But this is definitely a parts car and most of the parts look like they will need a lot of time and money to be usable. I think the $6k asking is rather out there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alsfarms said:

We all always check everything out..... This could be speedster material if nothing else. Is that a Packard coupe along side this Cadillac?

Al

Yes, it is a Packard - also listed for sale and I posted it earlier on this forum with a link to the listing if you want to look at it. 

Edited by TheYorkBell (see edit history)

Somewhere, I forget where, just a few weeks ago, I saw a listing for a four cylinder era Cadillac frame for sale! That coupled with this could make a good start for something? Now if I could just remember where I saw that? Maybe it was on this forum? Somehow I am thinking it was somewhere else?

I have known several people with four cylinder Cadillacs over the years (several of them in my local HCCA Regional Group). Good cylinder jugs are getting scarce! A couple machinists I know that specialize in horseless carriage engine rebuilding have rebuilt quite a few of the engines. Getting good rebuildable cylinder jugs is tough. Most known and available spare and parts engines have already been robbed of good cylinders. Are these any good? Maybe, maybe not. In the photos, it looks like the upper cast water jacket areas may have been broken by freezing?

The engine and the rest look 1911. The surprising thing is the Nickel plating on the steering column. Perhaps it has a 12 steering column in in it. It is a parts car. There are plenty of these cars in complete condition around. The value is in the cylinders and crankcase. I would give $3K for it in spares for my 11. It's not worth shipping across the country. As for speedster material, there are better choices. The engine is difficult and expensive to restore. Bummer that all oiler and other externals were liberated.  Just my opinion.

• Like 3