1941 Cadillac Fleetwood Convertible for sale.

The Vintage Automobile Museum of New Jersey is selling some of their cars. 

They are selling a 1941 Cadillac Fleetwood convertible. The car runs well, it was appraised at $45,000. 

Reasonable offers accepted as we need to liquate vehicles. 

please contact the museum VP Mr. Bob Adams

at 845 649-6940. His email is ratrod22c@gmail.com

IMG_7681.JPG

IMG_7682.JPG

IMG_7683.JPG

IMG_7684.JPG

Edited by kkcarcrazy
Add contact information (see edit history)

Top to bottom the order is 75, 67, 60s,  63, 62, 61.  

75 series is the square looking limousine 

67 series is the lower, sleek limousine that shared a body with Buick.

60 Special, or Sixty Special, is the beautiful 4 pass sedan that originated in 1938 and was built in its original form through 1941.   It’s the one where the front fenders extend into the front doors in ‘41.  These cars have wooden sills.  
63 series is an odd notch back sedan that really served no purpose.  They only made them in 41 & 42 and were discontinued after the war.

62 series is the conv, coupe, and 5 pass notchback sedan.  
61 series are fastback sedans & coupes.   These are the least expensive Cadillacs for the year 1941 

Edited by K8096 (see edit history)
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It's been said many times before and I'll say it again if you are selling a car for a sizeable amount of money you should have an inclusive set of pictures!  These pictures shot in a dark and dingy warehouse doesn't do this car any justice. This is the same museum that was selling 50 Pontiac (posted here) and the pictures of it were a bit worse than this one. In fact I called VP Bob Adams and requested more photos of the Pontiac and he never sent them!  This is a museum car so the car has been sitting for while so it will probably need work to get it roadworthy.

• Like 4

I learn something every day on this AACA forum. 

I was unaware of the 41 - 42  67 series.... they had a 3 in longer wheelbase than the 75 series and the 67 was a Fisher body while the 75 were Fleetwood. 

When I finish here,  I am going to brochures.com to see if they have good pictures.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Barney Eaton said:

I learn something every day on this AACA forum. 

I was unaware of the 41 - 42  67 series.... they had a 3 in longer wheelbase than the 75 series and the 67 was a Fisher body while the 75 were Fleetwood. 

When I finish here,  I am going to brochures.com to see if they have good pictures.  

Hello Barney:

You may have simply forgotten this series.  The 67 was only created because Harlow Curtice -then Buick's President - created the 1941 Limited with more horsepower and length than Cadillacs series 75.  

This upset Cadillac, especially since Curtice made it known that Buick had the most powerful engine in 1941.  The Cadillac 67 therefore, followed along with the Limited.  Limiteds were only made in 1941-42, so as the Limited died, so did the 67. 

I somewhat disagree that the series 63 was a car "that served no purpose."  It has not been confirmed, but is/was speculated that the series 63 was to be the 1941 LaSalle.  When Cadillac ended the LaSalle in 1940, tooling had already been expensed so Cadillac made it a series 63.  Arguably, it is much better looking then the series 62 4 door sedan, which shared tooling with the Buick and maybe Oldsmobile's 4 door sedans.  

Like the 67 series, the 63 ended in 1942, or was a one year car I can't remember.  Production was around 5,050 or so.  I owned a series 63 and a 60s both 1941 and sold both, as I often do, but truly regret selling the series 63, even though the 60S is more highly considered.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, m-mman said:

Sometimes Cadillac put a plate on the seat that says “Interior by Fleetwood”.

Don’t know if they did that in 1941.  It can be confusing. 

You're correct.    Here a photo of the tag that is on each side of the front seat.  

IMG_2795.jpeg

Edited by K8096 (see edit history)

GM organized their 1941-'48 body series by the A, B and C designations.  Each series was designed to meet the dual objective of a recognizable nameplate identity and stringent unit costs.  For instance, the A-Bodies were designed to be shared by Chevrolet, Pontiac Deluxe Torpedo and Oldsmobile 66/68.  Stepping up to the B-Body series, Pontiac Streamliner, Oldsmobile 76/78, Buick Special 40B/Century 60, Cadillac 61, 63 and the basis for the 67.  The C-Body was Pontiac Custom Torpedo (1940-'41 were the only years Pontiac was allowed to have the C-Body), Oldsmobile 90, ('40 LaSalle Special 52), Buick Super 50 & Roadmaster 70, Cadillac 62 and the basis for the 75 through '49.   Fisher was exceptionally good at utilizing the cowl and door stampings to create a wide variety of bodies.  That's why the lwb 67 and 75 sedans look similar but were based on two different body series.

Maurice Hendry's book Cadillac: The Complete Seventy-Five Year History confirms the B-Body based sedan that became the Series 63 body was initially designed for the 1941 LaSalle.  The tooling was well along when the decision was made to drop the LaSalle.   The 1941-'49 75 bodies were developed from the cowl and front door stampings of the 1940 C-Body, then utilized first by the 1940 Cadillac 72.   The 1940 75 body had been held over from the series that began for 1938 used by the Buick Limited and Cadillac 75 and 90.  Dreystadt's series and body rationalization program was complete when the 72 became the 75 and the 63 tooling was expensed after two seasons, then curtailed by the war. 

• Thanks 1