Side Mount Bosch Magneto Model T ? Tractor ?

Phaeton

Need help identifying what looks like an accessory side mount 4 cylinder Bosch AT4 magneto circa 1910's 1920's .  Looks very similar to ones used for Model T Ford but I have not been able to locate any information to verify.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

image000001.jpg

image000002.jpg

image000003.jpg

image000004.jpg

image000000.jpg

Tractor wouldn't have anywhere for that to mount. Most Fordsons used a cross drive when fitting the magneto that was driven off the end of the camshaft. The OD of the gear and the locating boss behind it look too big to fit in place of the generator, along with the mounting hole placement for it to be Ford Model T.  Rotate the housing 45 degrees counter clockwise for proper orientation on the Model T engine. 

T mount.jpg

I agree that while the gear looks to possibly align to a Model T gear, the generator opening would be to small for it to allow the Magneto mounting bracket to install.  Could it be for earlier than 1919 Model T, possibly needing another bracket?  Thanks for the input and thoughts, as we try and narrow down the application.

The mount and drive gear looks a lot like the one on a early 1930's McCormick - Deering tractor I used to own. But they used their own { International Harvester } magneto's , not Bosch. My guess would be some sort of late 1920's / early 1930's tractor.

The gear on your magneto is way too large, too many teeth, to use on a model T regardless of mountings. The magneto could probably be used on a model T with a proper gear and mountings. That mounting could possibly with considerable alterations be made to work for a model T. However, it clearly was not intended for a T. I agree with others that it most likely was for some tractor or industrial use engine. The mounting is similar (but not the same!) as a 1950s Le Roi industrial air compressor my dad used to have.

On 11/9/2023 at 7:06 PM, 1912Staver said:

The mount and drive gear looks a lot like the one on a early 1930's McCormick - Deering tractor I used to own. But they used their own { International Harvester } magneto's , not Bosch. My guess would be some sort of late 1920's / early 1930's tractor.

Yes. That. I've owed a bunch through the years. The mag is a replacement some farmer put on it. If it fit's, use it.

On second though not IHC. As the timing was adjusted with bolts rather than a lock nut on a tapered shaft. I've had my hands on one like that before. Suffering from old timers disease here. Been there. Done that. Can't remember.

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)