1994 Cadillac Fleetwood

MercMontMars

Hi there, I’m posting in regards to my ‘new’ 1994 Cadillac Fleetwood. As my collection continues growing I’ve acquired a Cadillac. I’m not sure if it’s old enough to post about here, but I’m hoping someone knows a good source of information and parts for this car. Only problems I’ve found so far is that mice got to some of the wiring and the fuel pump is bad. I bought the car for $700 so these are pretty small problems for the price. I’ve confirmed the 5.7 does run, I got it to run a little off of starting fluid so spark is there.

All I need is some wiring diagrams, a source of parts and any knowledge anyone has on this car. Also if anyone has parts for sale like a good set of exterior decorative trim or wiring harnesses I am interested.

Thanks for any help!

IMG_4328.jpeg.a7b0f832084a1436942bf9cb37017a80.jpeg

IMG_4310.jpeg

IMG_4319.jpeg

IMG_4318.jpeg

I had one of these, they are great drivers with the LT-1 V-8. Obviously the wiring should be your first priority. Common problems are the fuel pump, Optispark ignition distributor, water pump and it's oil seals, and radiator. If it has been sitting a long time flush the entire cooling system and change all fluids and filters. If these cars are maintained they are capable of very high mileage and basic parts are easily obtained. Good luck!

DSCF2412.JPG

• Like 1

What Don said!

Shop manuals with the wiring diagrams should be available for a price online. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/374489949349?hash=item57315724a5:g:ufQAAOSwjERlQX2w

• Haha 1

Good sleuthing! 👍

I have the Buick version of the same car in a 1992 model.  My daily driver. My NEWEST car.  Great car.

I believe , due to the enormous amount and complexity of the wiring,  I would try repairing only the individual wire that is damaged, by cutting out the damage and splicing in a new piece. 

Ben

• Like 2

Patched up all the damaged wires I could find, my only big issue now is the fuel tank. It’s filled with nasty varnish and who knows what. I plan on getting a new metal tank for this car since the plastic ones aren’t too great. For the time being, what’s the best way to clean this so I can get the car running? I don’t want to crud up my new pump with this nasty tank.

IMG_4510.jpeg

IMG_4507.jpeg

IMG_4508.jpeg

NICE OLD USED CARS?

Please, folks, remember our "Rules" in here....no unkind remarks - everyone be friendly and try and help expand our knowledge of the classic-antique hobby.   

So please remember how history unfolds - and how the use of language changes to reflect the needs of enthusiasts.   Anyone who has any question as to where the priorities of the old car hobby are taking it...PLEASE READ YOUR AACA PUBLICATIONS!

For example, review Pages 76 thru 79 in our AACA's "Antique Automobile" magazine issue of Volume 87.   The article is entitled 'APPRECIATION FOR EMERGING ANTIQUES".   The author makes it clear you don't need anything fancy to qualify - a nice pick up truck or Ford Granada will do just fine.

So please, dont feel left out if you can't afford a Cadillac Fleetwood!  As I have proven...with a little hard work....you can make any worn out project car into something really neat...!

PACKARD suspension me.jpg

PACKARD BLOCK ME.jpg

21 hours ago, MercMontMars said:

For the time being, what’s the best way to clean this so I can get the car running?

I'd start with hot water and dish detergent (e.g., Dawn).  Maybe throw in some nuts and bolts, or small chain to provide some scrubbing action while sloshing the tank in every possible direction.  That should get the dirt and chunks out.  The varnish may require something stronger, but I'd prefer to not use anything more caustic than necessary.  Following the detergent wash you might just try some fresh ethanol-laced gasoline to see whether that dissolves the varnish.  If it doesn't, then maybe the tank is clean enough...

• Like 2

All has gone well so far, I cleaned the tank the best I could and bolted it all back together with a new pump. Lines are clear, fuel rail is getting fuel and 40psi of fuel pressure is there. Only trouble I’m having now is injectors, which have probably been totally destroyed by sitting for so long with old gas. Have everything but fuel now. New set of injectors coming in the mail, once they’re in hopefully this car will come back to life. Also got lucky and found a parts car at a scrapyard with the same motor, so I’ve been pulling everything I can off of that.

Edited by MercMontMars (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Do the green hoses still have the plastic restriction in the heater hose that cracks? I just remove them and put in a "coupling" i.e. piece of pipe. Not sure what the restriction does.

Here is a link to one of your best resources: https://www.impalassforum.com/forums/

Your car shares the B-body mechanicals of all the cars in this group. Scroll down to find the section for the Cadillac Fleetwood.

It is a very active group with frequent postings.

Hamilton Chevrolet in Detroit has a parts department that is very friendly to B-body owners. https://www.hamiltonchevy.com/

They have a specialty store on Ebay, good guys https://www.ebay.com/str/hamiltonchevrolet

• Thanks 1