Can anyone recommend a good body repair person/shop in the San Diego area?

JanZverina

My since apoIogies in advance to Mr. Earl and Co. if I posted this to the wrong sub-forum, but can anyone recommend a body repair person or shop in the greater San Diego area that does good work at non-stratospheric prices? I'd like to have the two door skins on my '63 Riviera smoothed out and primed while they're off the car to tackle some inner door repairs. No rust but they've had some work done before my stewardship that could have been a lot better. Any leads appreciated!

19 hours ago, JanZverina said:

I'd like to have the two door skins on my '63 Riviera smoothed out and primed while they're off the car to tackle some inner door repairs.

I'm not sure that would be a good idea.  While they could be 'straightened' off the car, I would worry that bolting them back onto the door frames could 'un-straighten' them.  It would probably be better to do the blocking/straightening while they are attached to their frames.  Just my $0.02...

• Thanks 2

Plus unless one has the means to crimp the door skin edges (I am assuming new skins, not ones removed from the car!) like the factory did it, there will be tool marks on the skins that need to be fixed once they are installed.