For Sale on BAT: 1931 Packard Standard Eight Series 833 Rumble Seat Coupe - Naples, FL - Not Mine

Beautiful Car - however - prime example of how NOT to sell a valuable car on Bring-A-Trailer...   ...Not Mine...

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1931-packard-standard-eight-833-rumble-seat-coupe/

This 1931 Packard Standard Eight Series 833 is fitted with rumble seat coupe bodywork, and it was delivered new to Waller Motors of Jenkins, Pennsylvania. It was refurbished under previous ownership before it was purchased by the seller’s father in 2016.  The car has not been serviced in approximately three years according to the seller, and maintenance may be required prior to use. This Eighth Series Packard is now offered by the seller on behalf of his father in Naples, Florida, with a clean Alaska title in the owner’s name.

My Comment - Not Seller:

I feel bad for the family in their situation.  Father is ill, son never drove the car until he shot the 'driving video' - with only 3 days to go, the price is very low, but the video and Seller's comments raise questions and don't inspire bidder confidence...   Packard's are not my specialty, so I'd be interested in knowledgeable comments about the value of the car assuming the engine is in reasonably good shape...    I have a hard time seeing this auction reaching whatever reserve the family has placed on the car...

zzzzCapture833No0.JPG

zzzzCapture833No1.JPG

zzzzCapture833No2.JPG

zzzzCapture833No3.JPG

zzzzCapture833No4.JPG

• Like 4

Watching the driving video, it appears the brakes are on (dragging) to some degree. Squeal when taking off and apparent difficulty in moving.

Engine does look nice and sounds good though.

Edited by AzBob
Additional info (see edit history)

There is still one day left for the auction. As happens with all these BAT auctions, things don't get going until the last few minutes. The comments (peanut gallery) are usually entertaining, sometimes inaccurate, but never dull. I do appreciate BAT has eliminated the ability to snipe (last second) bid.  I am also curious to see what will be the final sale price.

Also, while I am in general a white wall kind of guy, I completely agree with Matt Harwood on this one. This car screams for black wall tires! 

Robert

Way over market value, in my humble opinion. A close look with a critical eye and the car had lots of issues. Maybe a good jump off point……but lots of work and money to get it to a sweet spot.

• Like 1