Toy speedster

marc1122

Marc can now brag that he owns an Auburn speedster!  I have a few rubber cars.  They have good detail for what they are.  Some of the most common are the 1937, 1938 and 1940 Oldsmobile sedan.  Sieberling made a rubber 1939 Mercury for the world's fair.  The next year it was made in metal by another company in all of the Mercury colors.  Most of the sellers have no idea what model it represents or incorrectly identify the metal version as a 1939:

Lot 1939 Mercury Eight Car Coin Tin Bank Wood Wheel Auto Toy Automobile V8Mercs | eBay

Edited by Jim Skelly (see edit history)
  • Like 1

We/ er someone -  need to start a thread (s) on old toys - pre war, post war. they can be more then a " look at what I have an you don't" attitude, but one to give information - noting size, material it was made from , etc. Many of us just do not collect all old toys, but are specific to size ( for space reason) and even if they are realistic  looking and how much so. Many toy manufacturers would even name the make of car that they had as a toy because of it being unique to the era and a "new" look. Especially in the art deco era. Some of the European toys have amazing details, opening doors, working windows, steering, etc.

NO I won't be the one to start yet another thread, will get the moderators annoyed at me " oh there he goes again" 🥺

Walt

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1