For Sale: 1951 Hudson Hornet 4dr Sedan, manual shift with OD, 28K miles - $32,000 - Yarmouth, ME - Not Mine

For Sale: 1951 Hudson Hornet 4dr Sedan, manual shift with OD, 28K miles - $32,000 - Yarmouth, ME

1951 hudson hornet for sale by owner - Yarmouth, ME - craigslist
Seller's Description:

1951 Hudson Hornet, 28,000 original miles, excellent cond. wonderful time capsule, believed to be a three owner car. Stunning original fabric seats and interior finishes. Matching serial # 308 ci engine. Three speed manual with overdrive. $32,000 obro.
Copy and paste in your email: 1764c0ce16963787bf4c59ebfd5692c0@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1951 Hudson Hornet 4dr Sedan.

'51 Hudson Hornet ME a.jpg

'51 Hudson Hornet ME b.jpg

'51 Hudson Hornet ME c.jpg

'51 Hudson Hornet ME d.jpg

'51 Hudson Hornet ME e.jpg

'51 Hudson Hornet ME f.jpg

'51 Hudson Hornet ME g.jpg

'51 Hudson Hornet ME h.jpg

'51 Hudson Hornet ME i.jpg

'51 Hudson Hornet ME j.jpg

'51 Hudson Hornet ME k.jpg

'51 Hudson Hornet ME l.jpg

'51 Hudson Hornet ME m.jpg

• Like 2

I follow these closely. Been looking for the right Coupe or Hollywood hardtop for several years. They’re asking extra nice two-door coupe money for a sedan. Low 20’s, maybe, if the paint and trim is extra nice and if the are no issues underneath in rest-prone areas. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AdamInNH said:

I follow these closely. Been looking for the right Coupe or Hollywood hardtop for several years. They’re asking extra nice two-door coupe money for a sedan. Low 20’s, maybe, if the paint and trim is extra nice and if the are no issues underneath in rest-prone areas. 

https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1305168307088745/?ref=search

C8CCB003-1CD7-4B49-8821-B6400EF7F35F.png

This looks like a nice step-down, but price seems extremely optimistic for a 4-door.  Price for the 2-door in the ad posted by Xander seems ever crazier!  At least the 4-door looks like it has decent paint and original interior.  I love the step-downs, but is this really what people are getting for them these days?

IMO as I looked at all of the pics, I thought wow this really looks like a time capsule. Beautiful interior and paint, a really straight car. Then the pic of the engine compartment was a real jolt. I get it, many people believe the Optima battery is best for longevity and CCA, but when presenting this car as all original that red Optima does not look right. I have owned my car for 12 years and they still sell a battery that looks correct and if your car is tuned correctly, starts right away. My first battery lasted 10 years, my second is two years old. Just a thought.

Edited by kingrudy (see edit history)

15 hours ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

262 head on the 308. Nice car.

Is there a benefit to having a 262 head on a 308 engine?