Wix 51049 oil filter

Chasander

I think I paid ~15 bucks for the 'big' NAPA filter for my GP last year and thought that was ridiculous.  I justified it by noting that given the miles driven per year, I get 2 or 3 years out of the filter by just changing the oil annually.

• Like 1

If you using NAPA Gold (made by WIX), consider waiting for the twice-a-year NAPA FILTER SALE. It's company-wide. I believe all of their filters (not just oil) are 40% to 50% off during that sale. I try to stock up then on what I feel I'll need for the next six or twelve months. John

• Like 3

15 hours ago, NTX5467 said:

Might start watching the online prices at NAPA for filters several months prior to the sale.  Just to make sure it is really "a sale", for general principles.  Check Rock Auto for a reference, too.

Enjoy!

NTX5467

Just had to comment again...I've been utilizing the twice-a-year NAPA filter sale event to save money for years. To those who give it a try, I assure you you'll be amazed at the REAL discount prices in effect during the sale. There are no gimmicks involved. By the way, the filter sale happens twice a year, and usually during the same time periods. It last for a couple of weeks. One just ended (sorry about that). Your local NAPA store should be able to provide some info about the rough timing for the spring filter sale. 

I have nothing to gain by my endorsement of this twice-a-year NAPA event. But, it's such a good deal, I'm happy to spread the word to my fellow old car guys. John

• Thanks 1

I use K&N #HP2003 Oil Filters for my Riviera. They are usually $17 CAD which is slightly more than $11 for a conventional oil filter. However, the latest K&N filter cost $26, price went up. It is not a shorty but not as long as a standard length Fram PH11 which I purchased on sale for $7 this summer. I know, FRAM. I just wanted it on start up with break-in oil to flush assembly lube out.