A little different: '73 SAAB $9K

I admit I have a soft spot for these. SAAB was an aircraft company and at the end of WWII surplus planes were so cheap there was no market for new ones. The first SAABs where designed by a small group...none had any automotive experience and only two had driver's licenses! No wonder it all came out a little differently!

Today SAAB does still exist  as an aerospace and defense company. 

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/d/truckee-1973-saab-96/7669951091.html

A beautiful, original, rust free California Saab 96. This has the 1700cc German Ford V-4 engine, which has been modified with a Weber carburetor and straight exhaust, and Perlux pointless ignition, which increases horsepower from 65hp to about 85hp. The engine, with about 46,000 miles, still maintains its original 150 lbs. compression in each cylinder. It came out of a low mileage 1972 Saab. The car has its original paint and interior, though the headliner has disintegrated and been removed.
The transmission is a 4 speed that shifts on the column. It is part of a transaxle delivering power to the front wheel drive. The alloy wheels are from a Saab Sonnett, known as the soccer ball style. Tires are 185/65/15 Falken ZIEX with good tread remaining. Included are a set of steel wheels with studded M&S tires should you be inclined to take the car ice lake racing. Also included is a 1972 Saab 96 parts car, which would be useful should a fender bender ever occur. I have owned the car for 10 years, driving it primarily during the dry months. If you've always wanted a Saab 96, this might be the one.  Please note: Craigslist stopped uploading pictures at 10. Contact me to see more pictures if you're interested in the car. (530) 587-1757

00505_11KHBj9dGd1_0CI0pO_600x450.jpg1973 Saab 96 100505_97ZM8DBVsZz_0CI0pO_600x450.jpg00R0R_5B5SxvSvWsZ_0CI0pO_600x450.jpg

Edited by Leif in Calif
forgot price! (see edit history)
  • Like 3

• Leif in Calif changed the title to A little different: '73 SAAB $9K
1 hour ago, plymouthcranbrook said:

I think the older Saabs are neat cars

I think they are like older Volvo's, just something kind of neat and funky about them. I too find them interesting. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, plymouthcranbrook said:

I think the older Saabs are neat cars. Never owned one and most likely never will but Still I like them.  

I had a 1960 93B Saab for a period of time, the older 2 stroke design. The block only had 7 moving parts supported on roller bearings and the radiator was behind the engine (as was the fan). Fun little car that scooted around pretty good... Parts availability was lousy though, really hard to find stuff and it required some specialized services to rebuild. The later ones like this with the Ford V4 engine would be easier to get parts for I would think.

• Like 3