Help to find a front leaf spring for a Buick of 1930

Thierry

Hello every body,

I'm a french man, and I'm looking for a main leaf spring for a Buick of 1930 type 40 for a friend of mine who owns this car.  I looked on the web but I didn't find the part he needs to repair his car, that's why I publish this message.  Is someone would have the kindness to indicate where it is possible to find this part in a dealer in the USA or if he is seller of one.

Cordially.

You should be able to have a new one fabricated. If you don't have a local spring shop check with a trucking repair shop. They should be able to help.

Years back I had a 1960 Ford pick up with a Buick engine in it. A shop rolled me a new set of main leaves and then pooled our experience to make up a real smooth riding two leaf spring set up.

Hello,

thank you for your answer. My friend needs a main leaf spring for the front axle. If you can provide him with one, he will be glad. The shipping to France of a whole assembly spring can be difficult but if you only sell it complete he also surely be interested.

Cordially.

On 9/16/2023 at 7:27 PM, nat said:

Demandez à un atelier qui s'occupe des camions il serait préférable de faire fabriquer des lames de ressort.

Ask a shop that services trucks where would be best to have spring leaves made.

It is best to have a new main leaf made for both sides and installed at the same time for safe driving, or handling could be very uneven and cause driver to lose control

Il est préférable d'avoir un nouveau vantail principal fabriqué des deux côtés et installé en même temps pour une conduite en toute sécurité, sinon la manipulation pourrait être très inégale et faire perdre le contrôle au conducteur.

• Like 1

Thierry:

Try:

Tony Bult <tonybuick272829@gmail.com>  Tel:  (262) 275-6403.  He’s in Wisconsin.

Burr Corbett  Tel:  (814) 226-7142 Work;  (814) 226-6545 Home - No email.  He’s in PA.

Todd Martin, 20610 Eureka St., Perris, CA, 92571, USA. Tel: 909-355-6735  No email but texts.

Bill McLaughlin

1929 Buick Roadster 

On 9/8/2023 at 2:51 PM, Thierry said:

Hello every body,

I'm a french man, and I'm looking for a main leaf spring for a Buick of 1930 type 40 for a friend of mine who owns this car.  I looked on the web but I didn't find the part he needs to repair his car, that's why I publish this message.  Is someone would have the kindness to indicate where it is possible to find this part in a dealer in the USA or if he is seller of one.

Cordially.

Are you located in France?

Have a new one made, I can help you with a good company.

They make one just like the other one.

IMG_4653 (2).jpg