1953 Hudson Super Jet sedan $4500 Pueblo, CO

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1135583197400242/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A9b6c7c5e-6cfc-49a3-a557-b8a7586ac924

"1954 Hudson Super Jet
Needs Transmission Work
$4500 OBO
Posting for my father-in-law, message for a phone number and more details"
(phone number is shown by photo in the ad! --- it is 719-248-0694

This forum has had a number of Hudson's compact Jets shown. I don't think any came close to matching the value for condition that this one does.
Regards the Hydra-Matic "needing work", y'all understand that this is General Motors "Hydro" and just about any transmission repair shop in the country should be knowledgable and able to readily find parts and kits to do whatever is necessary. Fair-to-middlin' chance it needs little more than drop the pan, change the filter, refill and adjust the bands and throttle linkage for pressure. The bill should be small.

Sorry I can't post pics of this pretty little car. You won't likely ever beat that price for a "collector economy car"
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, George Albright said:

Nash baby!

I'd take the Hudson Jet, just because I have never had one. There was a non-running one in my neighborhood when I was a kid, and I was fascinated with it for some reason.

I've had an Airflyte. They are great cars that don't get near enough credit. They get a lot of hate from people who never owned one. People who did own one generally have the opposite opinion. In the late 80s, my 51 Statesman drew attention wherever it went. EVERYBODY at the supermarket seemed to have a Nash story. When I got it, I thought I was unique because I was the second owner of this almost 40 year old car. Then I met another local Airflyte owner. He was also the second owner of his Nash. This happened a few more times. They stay in the same family for generations because the people who drove them know how good they are, and no one else is interested at all. I'll bet it's still true today and you could probably find an Airflyte to buy from the original owner (or his/her children or grandchildren) even today without trying too hard. They are 70+ years old now....

The Airflyte sets a high bar for the little Jet to beat, and I doubt it will. Most of the Hudson people seem to hate them. Still, it came from the same engineering department that stepdowns and the 308s came from. How bad could it be? Most of the Jet examples posted lately are automatics. I'd want a stick and overdrive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

😄 You can't post a Super Jet for sale without someone commenting on its looks. It's still my theory that if these had been made by Hillman or Vauxhall or Crosley, few people would pay attention to its looks. They'd just say, "it is what it is." In truth, it would be the best looking car that Crosley ever made, but when Hudson was making super beautiful cars at the time they made this one, it stands out more as a contrast. And being blamed for the demise of Hudson doesn't help either, I guess.

Either way, to each their own. I like these, and the price is great, but I don't feel up to sorting out the transmission on a 70 year old Hudson. Thanks for posting this BEAUTIFUL little car. 😄

• Like 3