'27 Buick Roadster - Where to sell?

Weaklink

My 85 year old father has been restoring this car for a few years.  Frame-off restoration.  He is about 97% done, but I don't think he is able to finish.  He wants me to list it in the classifieds somewhere.  We have no idea the value or the best venue to list.  Many hurdles to sell: Dad lives out on the Olympic Peninsula in WA state, I live 3,000 miles away in NC.  He has no internet, and is very hard of hearing.  

I don't have any current pictures, just a few I snapped last year, but much progress has occurred since.  The vehicle runs now, new radiator, etc. but still needs some final tuning.

I think he has about $28k in the vehicle, but I have no idea if he is under water in the value.  I am going to visit him in a few weeks, so I'm trying to formulate a game plan.  Thanks for any advice.

Is there a default standard site for classic classifieds?  Auto Trader?  Hagerty?  Hemmings?  etc....

20220620_071311.jpg

20220620_071303.jpg

20220620_071252 (1).jpg

Edited by Weaklink (see edit history)
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Nice CAR!   You might check out "Bring a Trailer" auction site.  It has developed a reputation for strong pricing for quality.   Show as much documentation as possible for the car and the features on the car.  Those wire wheels are sharp looking and the radiator grille is a hard to find option.      If the non-installed parts are as nice as the rest of the car it may be worth finishing the car as the project looks close to being finished.

Logistics around your dad will be a big issue.  I'm not sure about BAT for this car.   Auctioning a car is fine if you are going to let it go for high bid regardless.   BAT requires a lot of work and you don't know when the auction will go live. 

When will you next visit your dad?   Or is there a family member near him with a digital camera (phone) that can take lots of pictures?   I would try to get as much info from your dad and pictures and then post a for sale advertisement on here in the Buick section.

28K is fine as a starting asking price.   It is an unfinished project in not the greatest resale colors.  You are not leaving money on the table at that number and may need to take less.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Leif Holmberg said:

This`s probebly the paint colors on this car.

Patrol Creame 1927 color.jpg

Patrol Green 1927 Color.jpg

It is not so much the individual colors.  I don't hate any of them.  It is the fact that the car is painted 4 different colors along with light colored beige wheels with whitewalls.

• Like 1

DSCF7540.JPG.99ce8f4ec130638f89618d3417e693d2.JPG

What a nearly all original 1927-24 looks like. Top, Paint, plating and upholstery are original. The dark blue/gray belt stripe and some of the red pin stripe has been worn off through 95 years of polishing. I do like the Patrol Green and Cream combo.

Petes1927-54.jpg.b9ce043ed96b50deec09ac1880bd301e.jpg My friends original 1927-54 Master Sport Roadster... Top, Paint, Plating, upholstery original.  Standards came with Black tops and Master had Burbank cloth.

DSCF6049.JPG.e89ec167ef039c13541b99dd768ac782.JPG 

Striping detail. Photo before He swapped out to Buffalo wire wheels. The bead stripe appeard to be more of a dark blue/gray towards black.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...