For Sale: 1924 Studebaker Light Six 4dr Sedan - $17,000 - Waynesboro, VA - Not Mine - Owner states "dropped the price significantly ($13,200): 9-1-2023.

For Sale: 1924 Studebaker Light Six 4dr Sedan - $17,000 - Waynesboro, VA - Owner states "dropped the price significantly ($13,200): 9-1-2023. See posting by 1924lightsix below:

1924 Studebaker Light Six - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

This 1924 Studebaker Light Six is being sold as is. It is estimated that there are less than 100 of these still running in the United States.
- Original engine with about 70,600 miles
- 3 speed manual transmission
- All gauges work, except for the clock (which can be repaired)
- Refurbished interior (carpet, floor mats, rearview mirror, ceiling upholstery)
- New battery
- Resealed roof

What it needs:
- Exterior was refurbished about 40 years ago. Paint looks good from a distance, but small rust spots, paint chips, etc are visible up close.
- The car runs and drives, but the generator does not recharge the battery. That means the battery dies after a short trip. There are shops where you can send the generator to have it rebuilt.
- Small oil leak due to old seals and gaskets. Nothing serious, but all of the seals and gaskets on the vehicle could be replaced someday. Olsens Gaskets makes a kit specifically for this vehicle.
- Gas tank gauge doesn't work.
- Aftermarket wiper doesn't work.
- Brakes work, but they aren't very strong.
- Missing one doorknob top and window crank.

Copy and paste in your email:  e68721bda9cc3dd198076ebc76d54a3e@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1924 Studebaker Light Six 4dr Sedan.

'24 Studebaker VA a.jpg

'24 Studebaker VA b.jpg

'24 Studebaker VA c.jpg

'24 Studebaker VA d.jpg

'24 Studebaker VA e.jpg

'24 Studebaker VA f.jpg

'24 Studebaker VA g.jpg

'24 Studebaker VA h.jpg

'24 Studebaker VA i.jpg

'24 Studebaker VA j.jpg

'24 Studebaker VA k.jpg

'24 Studebaker VA l.jpg

'24 Studebaker VA m.jpg

'24 Studebaker VA n.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Owner states "dropped the price significantly ($13,200): 9-1-2023. (see edit history)
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 7/21/2023 at 9:12 PM, Jeff Perkins / Mn said:

Keep posting these 20’s sedans and sooner or later I will bite on one!

Hey Jeff,

I'm the current owner of this Studebaker and need to find it a new home. I've dropped the price significantly ($13,200) if you want to add a sedan to your life. Feel free to reach out.

• Thanks 1

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1924 Studebaker Light Six 4dr Sedan - $17,000 - Waynesboro, VA - Not Mine - Owner states "dropped the price significantly ($13,200): 9-1-2023.

I recall that this was recently on BaT and thought the result was pretty much in line with the value. Unless a desirable brand, the nickel era cars aren't bringing much as there is little interest. I doubt I could get over $20K for my Light Six Touring Car, which is pretty close to a 400 point car and runs and drives perfectly. For the most part, the touring cars are still the more desirable body style over the closed bodies. Sorry to sound like the Debbie Downer on prices but it's just the reality of where the market is.

Scott

Edited by Stude Light (see edit history)
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Jeff Perkins / Mn said:

Spot on Scott…..for example, @Lahti35 had an exceptional Nash touring which sold very low. 

Correct, in the end I did get a tad over 17k for it. While I truly enjoy the cars of this era the Nash was probably the last one I'll buy... Unfortunate really but reality has spoken. I do enjoy sorting them out but it's terribly expensive these days and when it comes time to sell you get hit hard.

Lahti,

I am not in the market for a car, now. But, after following your thread on the Nash, I would be thrilled to buy a car that you restored, at a price you thought fair. Your thread on the Nash restoration is one of the very best I have read, and I seek it out when I get in the glums about my own work. I hope you restore another car, and I want to follow each step. 

Phil

• Like 2