1930 water pump

ken77

29 minutes ago, ken77 said:

My water pump impeller is 1/2 it's original size and the shaft is pitted at the packing. Haven't been able to find another pump or parts to rebuild it is there another year that will work?

Ken,

A lot of automobiles were built in 1930 by a lot of different manufactures offering a lot of different models with a lot of different engines. You will need to be much more specific. i.e. brand, model etc. before someone can help you.

Make and model of the car in question may help you get an answer. Its a bit like asking a fortune teller to respond with an accurate answer. Terry - you bet me to it by a millisecond.

Steve

Edited by Fordy (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Contact these people, my 1928 Chrysler water pump was shot and the impeller needed replacing.  They do great work.

Arthur Gould Rebuilders

120 River Rd.
Rutland, MA 01543
United States

Phone: 508-210-0891

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I rebuilt my own water pump for a 1930 Chrysler after sending it to a professional out west, lasted less than 10 miles after rebuilding then pump seized and broke in half. I remove the string packing, bore out the threaded part for the packing nut for a lip seal to be inserted and use a new polished shaft. Can't see the seal and it looks original. String packing cuts into the shaft after a while. I also installed new oilite bushings.