Texas road Wariors --- Spokane Surprise

old-tank

On 7/16/2023 at 6:53 PM, Smartin said:

Back on the road after auto zone had a new plastic/aluminum radiator.  We keep burning up points sets in the suncoupe.  Seems to be the biggest problem right now.  My 4 speed is making noise again, too.  But I’m going to ignore it.

Points?   What are points?😁

Had my share of problems, too.

Ben

Edited by Ben Bruce aka First Born (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Home last night, Fri, about 6.  Came across Wyo on I 80 Thursday.  Nice and cool.  At Cheyenne, I dropped south into CO then east on Hwy 34.  Rain from Eastern Co into KS and south almost to OK.

Elect fuel pump and spark plug problems . 

I hope to do a mini "blog" later.

Ben

Edited by Ben Bruce aka First Born (see edit history)
  • Like 11

45 minutes ago, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

.....dropped south into CO then east on Hwy 34.  Rain from Eastern Co into KS and south almost to OK.

Ben

My grandparents (dad's side) owned a farm about 120 miles east of Colorado Springs.... Seibert, CO.... along the rte. 24 corridor from around 1920 to 1935.

• Like 3

Thursday left Lubbock at 7:00 am and it was already in the mid 80's....100 at lunch time in Eden TX (misnomer!)... 105 in Kerrville TX and the rest on the way home.  San Antonio in my way, so asked Google maps to avoid highways.  5 miles in there was construction, single lane road with forecast up to 30 minute delay.  Back on the interstate and through downtown San Antonio congestion.  Don't you love to see all those little cars fighting for lanes --- looks like roaches scattering when the light is turned on.

4251 miles, 16.5 mpg to Spokane 14 mpg to home (pushing into unfavorable winds:  brick+40mph wind =12.9 mpg).

I like small meets where it is easy to see most of the cars and talk to owners.  I am glad so many of my friends were there and all the new friends.

I probably will not attend another meet if scheduled in July.  Even if the meet city is cool we have at least a day of hot driving to get out of Texas and another day back.

15 minutes without AC was bad enough, but a total breakdown waiting for roadside assistance for 1-2 hours in 105 heat is not something I am willing to put my wonderful wife through.

Winter projects: fix the horn, investigate increasingly low oil pressure, check dynaflow  pressures (chattering clutches or low band on takeoff)

Even though abused, the car got us home --- I still say it is a fantastic road car!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1